We were lucky enough to have my parents come and visit for a week. It was so much fun! We LOVED having them here. We did a lot of eating good food, shopping, seeing some sites, playing and working.
Surprisingly, I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but here are a few from the week.
The Festival of Tall Ships just so happened to be in Cleveland over the weekend. My dad is really into this kind of thing, so we headed downtown to see them on the Lake. It stunk horribly (maybe it was just me-pregnancy) like bird poop and dead fish, but I guess that's part of a being a shipmate! Nevertheless, they were pretty cool ships.
Among them was the famous Bounty ship, that they used in the 1962 filming of Mutiny on the Bounty. And a lot of other films, but probably the most popular are the last two Pirates of the Caribbean.
My dad sporting his Ohio State hat...he wanted to fit in with the locals.
The sun wasn't shining very bright, but for some reason I look retarded squinting in every picture.
And notice Luke's finger, up his nose? Great family picture.
Matt has been working long, busy hours, so we did the ships and Amish country on his time off.
You can only have so many pictures of Amish people...really, they're all the same, but here is one from our most recent trip. This time we stopped at Heini's (sp?) Cheese Factory. Matt and I had been there before but didn't stay because it was insanely packed. We had so much fun this time around. We can't wait to go back again! We tested something like 50 different cheeses! And 10 different kinds of fudge (my favorite part, which is why the pregnant lady is allowed to try them more than once, hehe).
We came home with a lovely supply of some funky and delicious cheeses, dips, jerky and fudge.
My parents were EXTREMELY helpful while they were here. I just hope they didn't feel like we worked them too hard. The biggest thing was what my dad did. For those of you who don't know, my dad is a very highly skilled carpenter. And we no longer have rotted window sills!
THANK YOU DAD!!!!!
THANK YOU DAD!!!!!
While he worked in the HOT humidity all day, my mom and I worked on weeding and yard stuff. Matt came out and started mowing. All in all, we got a lot done and this picture makes me happy. There is just something I love about having zero weeds (pretty flowers, that we'll have to plant next year) and a freshly mowed lawn. I promise I wasn't behind a camera the whole time, I did actually help out. Surprisingly, I really enjoy doing yard work.
It was so nice to have company for Luke and I, considering Matt is MIA.
I'm so happy that my mom will be coming back in only 8 weeks (that's a little scary too) and then my ma-in-law too, for the baby. Let me say it again, WE LOVE VISITORS!
Especially our parents.
Especially our parents.
Thank you again Mom and Dad for coming out. We really appreciate everything you do for us. Luke especially misses you (and the news and flashlights). Please come back again soon.
We love you both so much!
We love you both so much!














5 comments:
How fun! The ship tour looks really cool. It is nice to have family in town, especially when they are so willing to help out!
Awesome ships! I'm not prego, but that smell always makes me sick. I can't believe you're still able to wear that cute polka dot dress, and you look so cute in it too! I wish I could come out and see your house, your kids (soon to be plural) and the Cleve. I miss you and thanks for the comment on my bad mom story. I can always count on you for nice words of encouragement :)
I want to see more pics of your decorated house. the glimpse of that cute shelf in the background made me anxious to see the rest. you should post some pics!
I heard all about the fudge and cheese party, I want to come next time! By the way cute belly!
now you have a new window pane, and a new sill! :) After we left your house (and bryce was anti toll road) we drove through Amish country apparently and it was so cool! There would be a random horse and buggy at a stop sign. that's fun that your parents got to come out and see your cute house. seriously, cutest house ever! :)
and you don't look any bigger from when we were there. not like it was that long ago, but still!
Post a Comment