Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A bit of an obsession

 In the last month we've realized that Luke especially loves doing puzzles. He's had a few of the ones where you put the chicken in the chicken spot, or the cow in the cow spot. Well, he got his first "jigsaw" puzzle back in May and it's gotten out of control since then....and I love it.

I love the Melissa & Doug wooden puzzles, they are great (you can find them for a great price at TJ Max-fyi). We took the 12 piece one to church and he'd dump it out and do it over and over again. Well just a few weeks ago his grandma Clark sent him a 48 piece puzzle in the mail. When he opened it he gave me the biggest hug and said, "thank you mom!!!" 
It was funny, but then I explained that it was from his grandma. 

I left the room and was very surprised to find out that he did the entire puzzle by himself. He doesn't get frustrated. He'll ask me for help and all I say is, "try another piece." He will work on them on and off all day long. It gives me a nice break or a chance to get things done. It's great!

When my parents were here my mom bought him two more big puzzles and an alphabet one. These pictures aren't even the half of it. He is a little obsessed, and it's great.


The little smartie.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh he is a smarty pants! Seriously, jigsaw puzzles? Wow. I can totally identify with obsessions such as this though. Good luck with that :)

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Cute and smart! Your house looks great.

Kat said...

That's pretty impressive. Lily loves puzzles too but only for about 30 minutes or so. She also gets frustrated WAY to easily so it's usually not a break for me. He is such a smiley boy. I love it.

Marilyn said...

How cute! He is a little smartie pants!;)

Maddy said...

britton does not get puzzles like luke does! luke was amazing at them! at least they're something he really loves. You should just get him dozens of new puzzles when the baby comes. he won't even know there's a baby around! :)