Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Party (lots of pictures!)

What a party! 

Well, Dave, Meg & McKelle made the long (6 hour) drive up here to dreary, cold (really cold, like 15 was the average temp while they were here) Cleveland to celebrate McKelle's 1st birthday & Luke's 2nd.
Here are some cute pictures from the big birthday festivities!
Little Miss Princess McKelle.
Isn't she a doll?
For the birthday dinner, Meg & I pulled out some fun decorations I had lying around. After we hung the streamers, blew up the balloons and put on the bright green table cloth. I knew we needed some sort of fun center piece and this is what I came up with. I think it turned out just fine and tied the boy-girl party theme together.

And finally, my bubbly, bright colored, freshman college plates & utensils came in handy. They looked so cute. We had homemade pizza (yum).
These little cuties sure got spoiled this year.
Their parents & grandparents sure love them!
 
Meg and I had lots of fun decorating these cute little fun-fetti cupcakes for the babies!
Oh man, they were YUMMY!

Luke was so cute to watch blow out the candles. It took him quite a while, with a lot of spit flying.
 

Luke got some fun toys from mom & dad. He loves his pretend food. First thing in the morning he says "Eat food!" And then he runs to his bag of pretend food & "eats" it. And he loooves his guitar. This boy is definitely going to be musically inclined. He is obsessed with music!
And thank you to his grandma J for Walle, his favorite movie & all the other great presents from both of his gma's & aunties! 

Happy Birthday kiddies!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I love that first pic of McKelle! Dave wants it for his office. And yes, Luke broke Dave's sunglasses, ha ha, but there are no hard feelings. Matt was like "O, we should have told you, you can't let Luke play with your glasses." Thanks again for letting us come! Can't wait to see you guys in March-April??

Marilyn said...

Cute bday! How fun!