Friday, February 12, 2010

(sigh) Motherhood.

Sorry no pictures on this one.

Today as we were "spring" cleaning our house & packing up several boxes (even though we aren't moving until May) Mr. Luke learned how to take off his diaper. Normally, this wouldn't be that big of a deal (because we'd put him in timeout & he probably wouldn't do it very often). BUT, as he was sliding his bare bum across the wood floors in our dining room, he then decided to say, "I pooped Mom!" 

We had poop smeared across the floors, on his hands, under his finger nails, on his feet, between his toes and on his clothes. It was so gross. We quickly put him in the tub and cleaned up the mess.

Ohhhh the joys of being a mommy! 
(It is gross, however, when it's your own child...it's not quite as gross...but...still pretty gross).

4 comments:

Janelle said...

No, when it's your own child, it's still just as gross. You just can't complain as much about it. Julie learned how to take her diaper off a month or so ago. We've been putting it on her backwards for awhile. It's been fairly successful. She mostly takes it off in the morning if i don't get her out of bed early enough. Luckily, she doesn't usually poop in the morning.

But having that spread all over is pretty nasty. I'm sorry. I hope you have a fingernail brush or something like that.

Unknown said...

Ahhh! You should be accustomed to this right? I mean didn't Jonah break you in like over 4 years ago? SO GROSSS!
I love being a mom, but sometimes you have to seriously question your career choice :)
(At least I do)

B-Hams said...

aww... thats the sweetist! remember to tell this story when he brings his first girlfriend home!

Kellie said...

I'm sorry! That is really, really gross! At least he is adorable!