Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Years

Well, can you believe it? I sure can't.

Luke is TWO.
These two years have flown by, but we've had so much fun with him in our little family.
This boy is so much fun & such a cutie. 

I love this age. It has it's ups & downs, but mostly ups. Yeah he can be a complete terror, get into everything, push every button in our house 100 times a day, climb on things he shouldn't, blow his nose 6 times a day (wasting tissues), wanting to "bash" (wash his hands) & leaving the bathroom sink's hot water running. He may only throw a few temper tantrums a day, and bang his head into something due to his amount of anger he isn't quite sure how to control. Sure he is the pickiest eater alive and some nights goes to bed only having eaten two slices of apples for dinner. Yeah, maybe he is the hardest two hours before bed time, as he is fighting us to get him to sleep, using the excuse that he just wants to "pray" (which is hard to turn down). And then he sneaks into our bedroom at 2am, kicks us in the back, wraps his legs around my neck, smacks us in the face...you get it. Only to return at 4 or 5am and sleep in our bed for a least another hour or two.
Other than a few little "terrible-two" characteristics, he's actually quite pleasant.

 Here's a little about our man Luke.
Ever since we returned home from Utah, he has been the biggest mama's boy. He's always saying, "holsee mom (hold me mom)." He is really quite sweet. His current phrases are, "I miss you," "I lualu (I love you)."

I think this is one of the most fun ages. He loves to color, play with play dough & other activities where he will actually sit still at the table & do something, sometimes for an hour (allowing me to get some great study (or blogging) time in). He is recently obsessed with his "vintage" matchbox cars (aka Matt's cars, when he was little). He zooms them all over the house & up all the walls. As you can see from the first picture, he loves to wear his cute baseball hat, and many other hats. He is also, finally really getting into books! Yay. He will bring me tons of books & we'll read them over and over. He never used to have a long enough attention span to sit through two pages. 
One thing that hasn't changed is the television. Can you couch potato? If we let him, he'd watch it all day. He even knows how to turn it on. His recent, absolute FAVORITE movie is Walle. He loves to dance and sing to the music, and asks for "Waaalleee & Eba" all day long. I asked him, "guess who is coming this weekend?" He replied with hope and excitement in his voice, "Walle?!"


 This morning, after having been cooped up in our apartment all week, Luke was dying to get out!
Even though it was 21 degrees outside, the sun was shining, so we ventured out for a few minutes anyway.
Luke drove his little car around & another favorite thing to say is, "I wanna go to temple." And that is where he was headed apparently.

Luke is growing so fast. He is learning so much everyday. He talks like crazy, in full sentences at time, it blows my mind. Today I had a SFHS sweatshirt on and he pointed to the H and said it! I was so surprised. He used to only know A, B & C. He's such a smarty & has a great, fun & very goofy personality.


Oh, another cute thing he does these day (that I don't want to forget). He's a really good singer for his age. When we sing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" he knows when to say "beam, him" and he'll finish a few of the other words in the song, like "play." He does the same thing with "I hope they call me on a mission." It's so fun to see all the little things he picks up. 
In this last picture, I told him to point to our house. After a minute he figured out which one it was...they do all look similar don't they?
Well, Happy Two Years to you little Lukey (Duke, Dukey or Gooke, as he calls himself).
We love you so much!!!
Thank you for all the fun & happiness you bring into our lives & our family.

Happy Birthday to you little guy!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Luke! We love you and miss you.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Luke!
Jonah really wanted to come to Ohio to celebrate, but I just don't think that'll happen ;) So much of that post seemed to describe Lydia, sounds like she's acting her age. We miss you guys!!

Jenny & Brandon said...

Happy Birthday little Luke! I can hardly believe it's been 2 yrs. either. What a cute little man, we miss you guys and can't wait to see you again! Love you!

Globe Trotters said...

Mary! I have been meaning to leave a post on the past 5 or so of your blogs...so, here I go. Fun that you have a growing little boy! He always looks so happy and good natured. I am sure it has been a fun 2 years. Happy Bday and Congrats! It looks like you enjoyed your time at home with family and friends- and interviewing. I am sure the process is exciting, and you are anxious to find out where you will be for residency. I can't WAIT for that day :) We love the southwest, and are hoping to move back near family and warmth in a few years. [big sigh...a few years]. And I love your crafting blog. If I have a breather, I try to work on some craft, and your blog has given me so many great ideas! Plus, my sister and mom follow it too, wahoo. Now that my novel is over- hope you are enjoying your last Cleveland winter; at least it is a bit mild :)

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday Luke! Time has gone by soooo fast! I feel like he was only born last year right?!! Wow!

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to Luke! He is looking like such a little boy- no baby. I LOVE all you new pictures! He is so cute! I can tell you are having fun with your new camera!