A new tradition we started this year was making these truly a.m.a.z.i.n.g. sugar cookies. I have been on a hunt to find the perfect, yummy, soft sugar cookies and last year I finally found them. They are super unhealthy-which is why they are so good. I have waited an entire year to make them. Once a year for these killer cookies is good for us.
In the past we've never really done anything big for V-day, mainly because...well...we're poor.
So, I wasn't expecting anything big, but I have a very sweet and thoughtful husband. This year he surprised me (I love surprises!!!). Friday night we were just sitting down to watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics and Matt ran down stairs and brought a back a baby! It was our good friend's baby & I knew they were going dancing that night, but wasn't sure what was going on.Anyway, earlier in the week he had planned with his friend a babysitting swap. We watched their baby for a little while Friday & then they watched Luke for a while on Saturday.
Matt took me out to lunch at a very yummy Italian restaurant. We had a five course meal! It was deeeelicious!! After, we picked up Luke & had to run to the grocery store. Matt quickly ran in while I waited in the car with sleeping Luke. Then all the sudden my door flies open and a bouquet of roses are shoved in my face. Sure, it was kind of last minute, but still really sweet. As for the actual day (today), we spent 6 hours at church (church, my visiting teachers visited with me, two baptisms of our Primary kids and a dinner). We gave our Indian friend, Gupta, a ride home and when we pulled up to his apartment he asked me if we wanted to come up for dinner....I almost died!
We had just eaten a big dinner and had lots of desserts. We were stuffed. It's really hard to turn him down, because he doesn't take no for an answer. I hesitated in answering and thankfully he realized we had just eaten and took it back. But, he still wanted us to come up for a half an hour or so, to visit with him and his wife.
We couldn't say no, even though we were all very tired and ready to get home. Sure enough, we were served fruit salad, strawberry milk and some cereal/chip stuff. They are very kind and very hospitable people, but I'm telling you, it almost killed me to get it down! Anyway an hour later we were able to leave. It ended up being a better visit than I had expected, but we definitely had a tiring day!
We hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!
1 comment:
I just posted my favorite sugar cookie recipe and now I want to try these. If there are better out there, I need to know. Ya know what I mean??
I LOVE your new blog layout!! It is perfect! Clean and simple, cute font for your titles, and cute pictures on the top. Matt and Luke look so much alike in those pictures!
Post a Comment