Welcome to MY land!
Over our wedding anniversary weekend we headed down to Germantown, MD to visit our closest family members Meg & Dave & to meet their new little sweetie, McKelle.
It was a short trip, but very enjoyable! Matt finished taking a test Friday morning and we took off on the 5 hr drive. We really had so much fun in such a short amount of time. We are so grateful to have at least some family living within driving distance!
Thanks you guys for letting us come & visit!!!
It was a short trip, but very enjoyable! Matt finished taking a test Friday morning and we took off on the 5 hr drive. We really had so much fun in such a short amount of time. We are so grateful to have at least some family living within driving distance!
Thanks you guys for letting us come & visit!!!
Luke wakes up at about 7am every morning, so by 8am we were ready for the day. The new parents needed their sleep (can ya blame them with a 5 wk old?). Meg & Dave live in a nice apartment complex and right outside their door is a park, pool & the club house. Luke had never really played on a park before so we thought we'd head outside until everyone else got up. It looked sunny, but we know how deceiving Cleveland weather can be and thought it'd be the same so we took our jackets.
It was the most AMAZING feeling when we stepped out the door into 70 degree weather at 8:00 in the MORNING!!!!
It was the most AMAZING feeling when we stepped out the door into 70 degree weather at 8:00 in the MORNING!!!!
We may look cold, but it was actually in the 70's!!!! The sun was out most of the day, except when we took these pictures.
Here are your Terrapin Turtles Hun.
(And no we are not getting a pet turtle).
After spending time at the pond we ate an awesome lunch at an Amish Market. It was awesome! Highly recommended. In fact, I can't wait to go back just to eat there! (And see Dave & Meg..hehe).
Later that evening we drove into Virginia to see the Potomac Falls. We were actually quite impressed! It was very pretty with the sun setting and the wonderful weather!
I have a crazy video of some guys kayaking (and nearly killing themselves) that I will post later.
4 comments:
Oh what good times! I'm so glad we have family close too! Can't wait till the next time we play...! P.S. How are the couch cushions coming?
Great pictures! I especially like the one of Luke running in the grass. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
Oh yeah, and I like your new background. :)
such cute pictures... and maybe that isn't a good sign that luke got jealous with another baby around! I wonder how Britton will be! :) I'm sad we didn't get to see you guys, but hopefully this summer we can work something out!
Post a Comment