(well the hardest part is over anyway).
This is how Luke helped me make my chair covers. He handed me things and the most helpful part was when he would climb/sit or just stand on whatever fabric I would lay on the floor to cut or work with. Like in the picture, he would just climb onto the old cushion and lay there. It helped me to learn more about patience. :)
Here is the ugly, old chair we found on the tree lawn back in the summer. I've draped a blanket over it for months. The cover before was flat and the fabric was rough and itchy. We needed a chair in our living room because we only have a couch and no room for a love seat.
TA DA!
I must say the bottom cushion was the easier one of the two. The top gave me a bit of grief, but it's done and I am happy with it. I put two zipper's in (one in each cushion) and it was much easier than I expected! And the piping took a little extra time but looks great and was not very hard at all. I'm very happy with the result.
I haven't painted it yet because I am afraid black will be too much of a color contrast with the fabric. I like the brown, but it's dinged up and really needs some covering up. I'm thinking of just antiquing it with black.
Any ideas?????
I love it!
On to some more projects that I have been working on the past few days (like a nut!)
I wanted to get a white table runner so I just made some and sewed some brown, twin-looking ribbon down the middle.
It's not the best picture of it, but you get the idea.
Look familiar?
I added some fluff to my pillow covers.
They were a little too loose of a fit for my liking so I just added extra stuffing and love their new look.
Should have done this one over a year ago.
I just made a bed skirt for the little one's bed, thank fully it hides all our food storage that is stashed down there and matches his bedding.
I tried to do the ruffly look, but I actually like the straight look better.
It isn't my favorite, but it does the job for now and was fun to make.
I just might love this little dress more than my chair.
My awesome sis, Jenny, taught me (over the phone haha) how to do shirring and it was so easy! And looks great!
I threw a baby shower for one of my friends last night (pics to come) and she is having a girl and I thought this little dress would fit her perfectly.

10 comments:
I LOVE all your crafts. And I think the chair would look great black- it might make the fabric really pop!
You are doing awesome! I love all your projects... it is inspiring. Good job! The dress and the chair are especially amazing. Keep up the good work!
i'm so impressed. i don't sew. but your projects are making me wish i did!
oh, also, i think the chair would look great black. but i like contrasts like that. and i would paint all my furniture black if i had enough good weather, newspaper, and black paint....
and i LOVE the butterfly fabric. so cute.
That is the cutest little dress!!! If I ever have a girl--I want you to make me one! :)
You are so talented!! Your dresses, couch cushions, everything! Gorgeous:)
everything looks awesome Mary!! Good job!! You could paint the chair white, then antique it with stain?? I think black is overused a little bit, but it does look good most of the time! I'm posting our projects this week i think, so be on the lookout! :)
Amazing! Projects are the best and it's hard when your mom or sisters aren't there to see them and be awed. Husbands say "looks good" but don't truly appreciate how you made it. You'll have to email me with how you made that dress. It looks store bought. Nice work on the chair too. I like the fabric.
Awe! I love your fabric choices. You and I have very similar tastes. I actually have the same fabric you made the purse out of - I made a nursing cover and an apron out of it. And I love, love, love the butterfly dress (I also dislike the crazy insects though).
Little miss crafty! Look at you! I never knew you were so good with a sewing machine. I'll have to have you show my how to make a crib skirt, actually. I need one for Julie's room.
Post a Comment