At the beginning of July we got a phone call on our way home from Church from Dave and Meg. They said they had been without power for a couple of days and were melting in the heat. So, they jumped in their car (literally) and drove the 6 hr drive up to our house that night. It was so fast! But it ended up being a fantastic week. We always have a great time together!
It worked out really well, because I only ended up babysitting one half day and I had originally been scheduled to babysit 4 days that week (whew!). And we had some really fun things planned that week and just brought them along, it was great!
Monday, we spent a VERY HOT afternoon at Memphis Kiddie Park! We've been wanting to take them with us for a while now and were so glad they could come. Sorry, but there are A LOT of photos to follow.
This roller coaster is actually quite painful for adults! But the kids loved it!
Luke was really mad about this ride for some reason. He sat like this the entire time.
The train ride to cool off.
It was like 100 degrees+humidity...me and my kids with our bright red faces!
I LOVE this pic of McKelle.
They are seriously adorable together.
I love this. They went on the ride, together, without us, and sat in the front row!!
Tuesday it rained. We painted...
Wednesday was the FOURTH! We made and decorated sugar cookies.
Fireworks were especially awesome this year. We had 2 shows going on (one off in the distance) and an insane lightening storm right next to the fireworks. It was so cool!
Oh, and Uncle Dave bought a fun slip'n slide for the festivities during the day (Matt was working...booo).
The Clark boys can't resist acting like children sometimes (in a good way).
Thursday or Tuesday...or one of the days?...we had lunch at Costco and then drove out to play and get (the worlds best) donuts at Patterson's!
HSSA had a free day for us at a fun splash pad and it was so fun to bring Meg and the kids along!
Poor Dev had a rough time there. He got kicked in the face, and had a bloody mouth. And a little while later, he threw a major temper tantrum (because his chewy bar was all melted) and choked on the granola bar. I had him flipped over and was pounding on his back and screaming for help. It was a very scary experience actually. I'm so glad he was okay!
What else did we do you say?
-Meg came to my piyo class with me and assisted me in one photo shoot.
-Chick-fil-a: shakes and play place!
-Dave worked all week (minus the holiday).
-Matt worked like a dog, so I was happy to have company!
-Meg had lots to study too.
-I had 2 photo shoots and was grateful for the built-in babysitters!
-My friend watched all FOUR of the kids and us adults got to go out for dinner at our favorite, La Trattoria, topped off with THE BEEEESSST cannoli's from Presti's Bakery, in Little Italy.
-Oh! And Meg and I made an annual shopping trip out to Aurora Farms to hit up The Children's Place.
Thanks for all the fun fellow Clarks, you know we love you so!











































1 comment:
It was so funnnn to look through all of the pictures and remember everything we did! Thanks again for letting us come so last minute! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment