Matt turned the big 30 on April 14th!
This was the first birthday that he said he woke up and he actually felt older. I think we can blame residency on that one. But my dad says that it won't be the last! :)
He lucked out and had that Saturday off. We already had tickets for the I-X Indoor Amusement Park (it's really just a big indoor carnival...nothing special really, with the same-type of awesome people. Except there were lots more cops than I was used to in SF and lots of signs that said things like, "No Gangs or Guns"). It was more for the kids, but Matt did go on the Ring of Fire and decided he's getting too old, because it made him pretty sick.
This was the only ride Devin could go on and afterwards we think he was actually still too small. He loved it though and waved every time they passed us.
Sorry for the bad pictures...blame my little camera.
I think the highlight of the place was this Shang-hi show we went to. These crazy acrobats or whatever you call them. It was nuts!!! Matt thoroughly enjoyed it. The boys did for the most part and I just felt nervous. :)
The one above was the most nerve racking. These guys would do flips and juggle while this thing was spinning around. And they would pretend to fall off when they were like 40ft off the ground! It was scary!!! My hands get sweaty just thinking about it. Haha.
Inside this ball was 4 teens on motorcycles spinning around and around.
That night we stopped and had Matt's (2nd) birthday dinner at our favorite Mexican place, Los Habaneros!
Happy Birthday to my old man! I remember thinking (back when I was a VERY young bride) how weird it would be when he turned 30. It seemed so far and here it is...time flies!
I Love you babe!!!
3 comments:
Welcome to the thirties club Matt! I'm wondering if the crappy "Oh my gosh I'm thirty" feeling will only cease when I turn forty. Hope it goes better for you :)
Looks like you guys had a fun day! I can't believe you're finally 30! Way to join me and Rach.
Every time you write SF, I think San Fransisco.
Post a Comment