What did we do this past weekend?
Well, we stayed cooped up in our house (going a little crazy, to be quite honest) and enjoyed conference. It was nice, and probably would have been even better if Matt could have been home to enjoy it with us.
I tried to do somethings to keep the kids busy, but I have to remember their attention span is pretty short!
I had some packets for Luke to work on, conference bingo and the little candy buckets.
Every time he heard the words, prophet, temple, family or scriptures he could pick one candy out of that bucket. At first I was worried that this might not be a good idea....but then I remembered his short attention span! And he didn't really hear a whole lot, therefore he didn't eat too much candy. :)
Every time he heard the words, prophet, temple, family or scriptures he could pick one candy out of that bucket. At first I was worried that this might not be a good idea....but then I remembered his short attention span! And he didn't really hear a whole lot, therefore he didn't eat too much candy. :)
I also stuck up a few photos for on our "Conference Wall" to help remind him that we were suppose to treat this weekend like church and to be reverent. I saw a cute thing where every time they heard what was pictured they could put up a sticker or get another treat or something....but I wasn't that prepared.
He thought he was so funny to be holding the Ninja Turtles dvd in this picture.
Conference for us is at 12 & 4pm....not a great time for meals or to have Devin nap during conference. He seems to only nap in between sessions. So we had an early lunch, a late snack (our "snack" table) and a late dinner and eventually daddy came home! But...then had to run off to Priesthood session. Whew!
I really did enjoy the weekend, but I wouldn't say it was all that relaxing this time around.
Oh, but I did get to make some delicious granola!!! It's so yummy and so easy. No more of that store-bought stuff. If you like almond flavor you'll love it. Here's the recipe!
No comments:
Post a Comment