Remember my pity-party-post, about our big 4th of July weekend trip to DC that we had planned, and then it all went down the toilet, thanks to "back-up call?" Yeah, we were completely bummed.
Well, we didn't want to cancel our trip entirely, so we decided to try and go again. Even though it was a super crammed weekend, because we didn't have very much time.
Well, we didn't want to cancel our trip entirely, so we decided to try and go again. Even though it was a super crammed weekend, because we didn't have very much time.
Last weekend we arrived in DC late Friday night, or I should say, very early Saturday morning. And early that morning Matt and I headed off to the temple. It was such a great morning. I cannot remember the last time we LEFT our children with a babysitter, drove 30 minutes to the temple and spent an enjoyable 2 hours or so in the temple together. It rocked.
Not to mention that it's a HUGE temple. We are used to our cute, mini temple. I got lost inside.
It is just gorgeous.
Dave and Meg brought the car load of kiddies and met us at the temple after our session.
We visited a little farmers market, a "church" store, went to Bethesda and hit up DC Cupcakes...mmmm and had lunch at Five Guys. We headed home and took our tired babies to the pool.
McKelle and Scottie are so adorable, I can't get over it. We had so much fun being there and meeting little Scottie for the first time!
We had lots of fun at the pool at their complex.
And we got some fun pictures of the USA Olympian David Clark.
Later we made some yummy homemade pizza, watched a movie and vegged together.
Sunday we went to church, hung out and visited. I did a little photo session of their kids, we ate dinner and went on our way. We definitely needed more time there. We love being with them. Hopefully we can visit again soon.
Meg sent me these next pictures from the pool.
This next picture is hilarious, our bodies look scrunched.
Dave's awesome picture taking skills and me and Meg modeling.
She's a natural, I just look awkward. haha
Did I mention that our babies, especially mine, were very tired?
And didn't sleep much the entire trip....it was quite exhausting.
And didn't sleep much the entire trip....it was quite exhausting.
Thanks Dave & Meg, as always, we had a great time!!!


















1 comment:
Such cute photos! Sorry we missed you guys! Next time when you actually have some time we'll have to hook up! Ironically, Aubrey and her mom were here for the weekend! So many of us in such close proximity!
Post a Comment