Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last days of Summer

Some things never change....
He has a fun, big boy bed, but for some reason the floor or our bed is much more appealing.
On a side note: Luke has been potty trained for almost a year and has never peed the bed either. Well, this morning we wake up to him in our bed (he's very sneaky and we are so tired, most of the time we don't notice-he climbs from the end of our bed and sneaks between us). Well, this morning he wasn't wearing pants and when I asked him why he wasn't wearing pants he said he took them off because they were wet. So yeah, he wet our bed. Oh and speaking of being pantless. He also (on the same day) decided to take his pants off in nursery today too. Great.

Last weekend when Matt was running on 2 hours of sleep, being post call, we decided to have a picnic at Sulfer Springs, that isn't too far from our house. It's a fun, shallow stream that you can play in. Luke had a blast.



And this weekend Matt was off and Friday night we went to an Indian's game. It was sold out, we sat on the VERY VERY back row, next to the wild, shirtless college kids that had "THOME" (toe-me) painted on their chests. Oh and can I just say that baseball players have the weirdest names. I swear some of them are made up. We have a true Spanish Forkian name, Grady Sizemore. And we seriously have a COCO CRISP on our team. Not even kidding. 

Apparently, the Indians are doing quite well this year. We don't really follow MLB, but we enjoy the experience of being at a game. It was Dollar Dog Night and they said they sold almost 50,000 hot dogs. Blah. 

We got there during the 7th Inning. I'd say perfect timing for us. The Indians won and they had an awesome firework show after. It was a lot of fun!



Saturday morning I learned how to can peaches and tomatoes at an RS activity! It was so awesome!
Later that afternoon we took Matt with us to this awesome new Splash Park. We went last week and had so much fun we had to go back before summer was over.

Matt went down the "big" slide with Luke and it was pretty hilarious...It seemed to be taking them a long time to get down and then I hear a whole lot of squeaking....and then see Matt trying to climb out. Apparently, it wasn't wet enough and he got stuck.
Dev with lunch all over his face...
It was a little too cold for Devin last time, but he seemed to have a lot more fun this time.


I told Matt he need to take more pictures, even though I'm the photographer for the family, so I can be in some of them....well, this is about as good as it gets!




Afterwards we headed out for some soft serve ice cream and went home to have a BBQ with the missionaries. Took the boys on a walk to get them to fall asleep and watched a movie together. It was awesome. It's the best when Matt can be home with us!

1 comment:

Brad said...

So excited you got spend some waking hours with Matt. You look amazing as always and those little boys sure are handsome.

Jana