Monday, April 18, 2011

Some Dad time

Matt has been doing an ED (or as most people know it, ER-it's called the Emergency Department now) rotation, so he's had quite a lot of time off during the week. It has been nice, but it has really thrown off our schedules, so oddly enough it'll be nice to have a more consistent schedule for his next (and FINAL!!!!) rotation. But we've really enjoyed having him around more.

The other day we took a walk over at Shaker Lake, just a couple of miles from our house. Give it a week or so and it'll all be beautiful, luscious, green trees!

This is a common sight in our house and throughout much of our day....Luke getting in trouble. Have I mentioned that the 3's are much harder than the 2's for us? :)

It's so interesting that only a few blocks away from our house, or in the other direction, not far from the ghetto, there are some amazingly HUGE & beautiful homes. Many of them are completely different in style too. It's so fun to see them all. I think this one is one of the biggest I've seen here. One of Matt's favorites. It's so big I couldn't even get it in the whole picture!
 I liked this one too.
And since there are never any pictures of me....I had to (and have always wanted one of these..haha) take this one.


This is also a common occurrence at our house. Whenever two of us are interacting with one another, or hugging or whatever it doesn't take long for a Luke to end up squished between you. He loves getting all the attention he can!

Devin has recently learned how to wave, say "Dada" and is almost crawling. He's doing the army crawl and working on getting up on those knees. It won't be long! He's getting his first tooth now too!


And one of the biggest things that went down recently was Matt's BIG birthday!!! He turned 29!!! And all he ever wants is my homemade brownies and ice cream.

Happy Birthday my love!!! 
You're the greatest Dad & Husband I know!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

the 3s are totally harder than the 2s! we're going through the same thing down here! can't wait to get our boys together again!

Karlie Ann Ady said...

Holy Cow Devin looked so much like Luke in those photos! He's really getting big! We can't wait to see you guys!

Kat said...

Beautiful photo's. Your kids are so cute. Luke looks different to me and I can't tell if it's because he getting bigger or his hair is longer than it usually is. I love the side view mirror shot and I love that Devin's eyes are reflecting you in that first picture of him.