Friday, April 8, 2011

Les MIZ!!!!

The other night we saw Les Miserables! Our good friends (who are moving...sniff, sniff) watched the boys forever. THANK YOU THANK YOU KATE & DANIEL!!!! 

It was so fun going out on a much-needed date. We left Devin for the first time. We got all dressed up, had our binoculars and sneaked in some brownies...hehee. It was such a great play (minus a scene or two)!!! I've never been to a Broadway play that was just singing the entire time! I stayed awake (I have a history of falling asleep in expensive Broadway plays. I can't help it!) and it was amazing! It was such a great story and we both loved it. 
We paid for close parking and Matt even let me buy a drink that cost $3.25!!! Haha it was great. When we were in Med school we tried to still do fun things and if they cost a lot we tried to save money in other ways, even if that meant parking a mile away for free parking. So this was a real treat! Haha.

Enough babbling.
It was a blast and Matt is the best husband ever.

2 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

We are so glad you and Matt got to go out! We really did have a good time watching your boys. Maddie and Luke were so so funny.

And I am so glad you like the play. I am with you on the parking and drink...funny how those things seem like luxuries now!

We are so sad to be moving, but you will always have friends in Kansas City! (For the next two years, that is, and then where ever we end up permanently.)

kjirsti said...

Good for you guys! I loved your comments about the simple luxuries of this time in life. In many ways I hope I can always see a $3.25 drink as a luxury even after we have a "Real" job.