Thursday, September 16, 2010

My brown-haired baby.

Here's my little guy at 5 days old. 
I attempted to do a little bit of a photo shoot. It went okay. Newborns are hard, especially when they are not asleep and you're the mom that gave birth to them four days earlier. Let's say it didn't last much longer than maybe 20 minutes. I decided I was too tired pretty quickly, but I was able to get just enough pictures to make me happy for now.

Isn't he such a cutie?






He doesn't have a whole lot of hair on the top of his head. He's got the little peacock on top and it's long and all mulletty in the back. I l.o.v.e. it!!!
And it's brown!


The top, towards his forehead he has these funny calics (sp?), that you can see. His hair combs in about five different directions and gets all messy looking, when I try to comb it.
Matt says he had them too when he was little.



Yeah, I know this is the same picture as the black and white one at the top. I just think it's so cute.

Devin is doing great. We spent most of the day Monday and Tuesday at the hospital because they were worried about him being jaundiced. After several billi tests, his levels finally started dropping today (Thursday) and he's no longer in the "high-intermediate" zone. On Tuesday he weighed 7lbs 15oz and the next day he weighed 8lbs 5oz! Nearly back to his birth weight in just 4 days. We made sure he was eating a lot, pooping/peeing a lot and took him for a few rides in the "carriage" (that's what the Dr. called it).

We LOVE our little Devin.

5 comments:

Maddy said...

he is so cute!! I can't believe how different he and luke look. And I can't believe that HAIR! That's incredible! congrats again guys!

Unknown said...

Great job! These photos are adorable! I can't believe you (and him) lasted 20 minutes. That's impressive. I can't get over that back head shot too. So much hair! And his mouth is precious. I love tiny baby lips. Is that weird? Well I do.
We love ya!

Shawny said...

SO so cute! They change so much just even after a few days.

Get rest Mary if you can!

Karlie Ann Ady said...

Oh my heck he looks so much like you! Cute cute photos he is beautiful! Of course we expectde nothing less :)

Jaimee said...

He is so cute! I was just reading your birth story and was wondering if you had a natural childbirth with Luke. I've kind of thought about trying that next time so I always like to ask if those who have experienced it would do it again. I'm guessing you wouldn't, since you didn't this time.:) Congrats on the adorable little boy!