Last night we had a bit of a traumatic experience for us new parents.
On our T.V. stand there are a few shelves that are about the height of a coffee table. It's next to our fireplace, that has marble on part of the floor. Well just before bedtime he slipped on the marble part and his head hit right into one of the shelves. It left a big gash (big for such a tiny person) above his eye, just below his eyebrow that is about a centimeter wide. His poor nose has a bruise and a little bump across the bridge of his nose where he hit too.
He cried very hard for about 40 minutes while we iced it and tried to stop the bleeding. He finally cried himself to sleep. Meanwhile, Matt was on the phone trying to call our pediatrician's office to talk to the on-call doc and he was trying to call our hospital's ped emergency hot line to talk to a nurse. Because we weren't sure if it was big enough to have stitches or if we should take him to the emergency room. We were getting so frustrated because those two phone lines were busy for like an hour!!! And our on-call-every-hour-doc A.K.A. Matt's Dad was, of course, in India. So we finally got a hold of a nurse at a different hospital who told us he probably didn't need stitches and that we could just use steri-strips, which are a lot cheaper than an ER bill.
Well we are happy to tell you that he is doing just fine. He hasn't realized the bandaid on his face or tried to pull it off yet. I had to take these pictures of him after church today, mostly because he looked so darn cute in his outfit.
On our T.V. stand there are a few shelves that are about the height of a coffee table. It's next to our fireplace, that has marble on part of the floor. Well just before bedtime he slipped on the marble part and his head hit right into one of the shelves. It left a big gash (big for such a tiny person) above his eye, just below his eyebrow that is about a centimeter wide. His poor nose has a bruise and a little bump across the bridge of his nose where he hit too.
Well we are happy to tell you that he is doing just fine. He hasn't realized the bandaid on his face or tried to pull it off yet. I had to take these pictures of him after church today, mostly because he looked so darn cute in his outfit.
Me, on the other hand, it might take a while for me to stop jumping up every time he falls or cringe when he bumps into something. Thanks to my doctor husband who is much bravier than I. Of course, I was telling Matt we had to go to the emergency room and trying not to cry or throw up (I don't do well with blood). He was very calm and had things under control. He will make a wonderful doctor someday, I mean next year!
Get well soon Lukey, we love you.
7 comments:
Good job guys! I would have been just like you Mary, I don't do well with injuries, unless I have to be. I have a feeling this is just the first in a long line of injuries, due to his um - hyperactive nature ;)
Poor Lukey! I hope he gets better quickly.
does your kid have a permanent smile on his face?!? he is so stinkin' cute!
Poor little guy! I am sure it was a trauma for you guys, too. That is weird the emergency line was unavailable for an hour... they need to work on that!
I also want to add that MARY you are not allowed out of your house until you finish Twilight. It is not as terrible as you have convinced yourself of it!!! It's actually a pretty sweet little story!
I'm sure it scarred you guys more than it scarred him... and scars on eyebrows are manly right?? :) Way to handle it better than we would have!
PS We got our ER bill from way back in October with Britt. $3000!!! Absolutely ridiculous and completely unnecessary for a little ear infection. Good thing we don't have to pay it! haha
He did look so cute on Sunday, his little wound made him look even cuter :) I heard you're not in nursery anymore! Good for you, but sad for me, I loved that you were in there with Samuel!
Poor Luke! We're glad he's okay though! Cute pictures :).
I'm glad he's ok! And he does look dang cute in his Church clothes!
Post a Comment