Last night Matt and I had the privilege to chaperone our stake youth dance. Wahoo...right?
It was definitely weird being back to a stake dance, because to be honest, it wasn't that far back for me. We had Luke with us, so the first half was chasing him around and trying to keep him away from the loud music. Half way through, he fell asleep and slept in a side room. We headed back out to the dance floor and I finally convinced Matt to dance with me.
At first we were the only adult couple dancing. Then a few more couples got on the dance floor. Matt really does not enjoy dancing, like I do. I'm trying to break him and get him to let loose!
It's surprising how much music changes over a few years. There was a lot of techno stuff and I'm telling you that there were really no slow songs. All of the "slow songs" were like some rocker screaming in the back ground.
It was fun watching all the awkwardness that was going on between the kids. Haha, it brought back some funny memories for us.
By the way, since WHEN do people do the Boot Scootin' Boogie dance to the Cotton-Eyed Joe song????! I was quite disappointed. Although, I was having a hard time holding back watching a big group doing that dance. We are definitely going country dancing when we come back to Utah (in May)!!! And Doug if you read this, you really should have dancing at your wedding!!!
It turned out to be a lot of fun for us. Even Matt will agree to that. By the end of the night we probably danced to at least 5 songs! Yay for Matt!!!
4 comments:
Okay Mary, you and I are together on this! We must convince Doug and Katie to have dancing at their wedding! It would be perfect since the reception is at the Provo library. I know that Sarah and Adger would be on our side too because they loved the dancing at our wedding... so let's keep pushin for it!
i wonder if Bryce would have gone out there with me... I guess we'll never know :) go matt!
Dances scared the heck out of me when I was younger because I hate dancing. Good thing Jacob isn't much of a dancer either. Congrats to you guys for doing it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!
I hope you have lots of cake and ice cream on this very cold day :)
I wish we could be there - take lots of pictures and make sure to post'em. Thanks Mary & Matt - for making such a stinkin cute kid.
BTW- Jonah says Luke's his best friend baby, just so you know. It's quite cute.
Post a Comment