Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Time to Celebrate!

First and foremost, I want to say Congratulations to Matt's brother & his wife, Dave & Meg for the arrival of their new baby girl, McKelle Megan Clark! She the little 5lb 5ozer baby. And she is ADORABLE!!!! We are SO excited for them. Since they live closer than the rest of the family, we are hoping to go on a little road trip to visit them in a month or two. She is a doll!

On to the next big news!!!!
Our little Lukey turned the big ONE on Saturday!!!
He is very loved. He got a lot of awesome gifts.
He finally graduated to a big boy car seat (actually, he's still a bit short and a pound too light). And to help all his slips and falls on our wood floor, especially by the fireplace, Gma & Gpa J. got Luke a nice big puzzle mat. His gpa J. also sent him a old remote that lights up.
I think it's his favorite toy. We treat it like a real one, so he always REALLY wants it.
Some of the pieces of the mat are big enough to make a box around him, over his head.

This was Lukey first thing in the morning, on the big day.
What a sweet little smile!
Daddy singing Happy Birthday to him.
Note: The sun came out for quite a while on his birthday!
Gma & Gpa Clark sent out this teepee for Luke and he also loves it! He has so much fun running and out of it.
(Notice his new BFF in his hand)

Later that night we invited a few friends over for cake and ice cream.
Luke has become a VERY picky eater and almost didn't want his cupcake.
"Uncle" Jason is showing him that its yummy.
I think he enjoyed it in the end.
Afterwards he was running around, chasing his friend Lilly around giggling the whole time. It was his first time having any real sweets.

Thanks to all of our friends who came to celebrate and a big thanks to all the family and friends who sent gifts and birthday wishes!












We are so thankful for our little Lukey and to have him in our lives, as a member of our family. We are also grateful to have such a wonderful first year with him. He was blessed with good health and development.
We love our little Luke!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love the foam mats and remote control, that's pure genius! Now you officially have a one year old, is that weird??

Globe Trotters said...

I can't believe how much you have done in ONE year! Congrats, and Happy Birthday :)

Kellie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!

Maddy said...

happy birthday lukester! he just keeps getting cuter!

Andrea said...

Yahoo! Happy Birthday! Such fun pictures! I'm still worried about giving them the sweets? Is that dumb? She's just never had any, but what would a birthday be without cake? Plus I wouldn't get cute pictures! It looks like you guys had a great day.

And I had no idea about Dave and Meg!! That is great news! She is adorable!

Rachel said...

I kept telling Charlie on Saturday that we need to call and sing happy birthday to Luke. We unpacked all day and then when the thought returned, it was about 8pm which would be 10pm there. Sorry we missed it! Happy Birthday Luke!!! We love you!

Jenny & Brandon said...

Happy Birthday Luke!! We are sorry we missed celebrating your big day. It sounds like a ton of fun. You are such a cutie!! We can't wait to see you again you big one year old!!!

Kat said...

I love the teepee picture with their heads poking out. Luke is always smiling in pictures. What a sweetie.

Marilyn said...

What a great post! I love the picture with Matt and Luke in the Tepee. That is funny. Also, I am sure Jason will appreciate the Uncle Jason thing. =) He and Luke are buddies. It was a lot of fun! Thanks for the invite.