Warning:
This is a very long post and contains many, many pictures!
Christmas break this year was a blast! We were very sad to leave. I always get sad after the good byes, like on the plane or once we get home and Matt's back to school/work and me and Luke are lonesome buddies.
After uploading these pictures I was surprised and a little sad that I didn't take more pictures, since we did soo many things! (Matt told me we already had enough...men).
Before leaving we were able to go to our ward's Christmas program. We sang in it (thanks to the Jeppson's for watching Luke!) and it was a lot of fun and a great program. Our good friends directed it and they did an awesome job. Later Sunday (21st) afternoon we ventured home to Utah.
We stayed at Matt's house the whole two weeks, besides one night we had a sleepover at my mom's. The first week we spent a little more time with the Clark's since Anne (Matt's mom) was flying out to Texas to be with Emily for the second week. Congrats to Doug and Em by the way they had their sixth child, little Logan, who is so darn cute!!!
I think we did a pretty good job at splitting up the time between families. It's nice that they live so close, but can be hectic at times going back and forth.
Monday night my family had their big Christmas party. The fam has gotten so big we have to have our parties at the church cultural hall! But it's nice to have space for the kids to run around.
Jonah and Me.
My silly nephews.
We had so much fun eating good food and desserts, opening fun presents, playing games and visiting.
While we were there we got quite a bit of snow.
On Christmas Eve and Christmas day I think we got about a foot in addition to the foot they already had. So everyone had to go out and play!
They had great forts.
Lucky for me I was the photographer...from inside the house.
One thing Matt loves to do when we're home is play racket ball with his Dad and bro/sis. They played three or four times I think.
We also went and played walleyball. It was a lot of fun!
Oh the babies!
It was a lot of fun but quite a handful to get the three babies together.
Jakson and Lydia were born on the same day, five weeks after Luke.
Christmas Eve Day was spent sledding at Peteetneet and we were the only adults there without children. And it was SO fun!
Me, Matt, Rachel, Charlie, Sarah, Adrienne & Rob (Matt's dad) went.
Thanks Anne for watching the babies!
That night we had (cheese) fondue for dinner. Before we got to the nativity and A Muppets Christmas Carol I was in bed with a pounding headache and a sick stomach. That night Matt threw up a few times and on Christmas morning....bummer.
For those of you who don't know, Matt LOVES John Denver.
Matt and the babies. And happy little McKay.
Above: Susie, Jenny & Holly
Below: Mom, Me & Mandy
I celebrated my 21st birthday with lots of goodies!!!!
I can always count on my family for delicous desserts.
My sister made the cake.
Other sister made the homemade Oreo's.
Gesh!
Thanks ladies!
My birthday started off perfectly, we went to the Mt. Timpanogos temple with my good friend Dani & her hubby Tyler. We had an early afternoonish party at my mom's with most of my family. That was so fun seeing everyone! Later that night we had a New Year's Eve party at Matt's house. We had some good food, played around the world ping pong, some foosball and watched Eagle Eye with some good friends. It was a great birthday.
Thanks everyone!
Other fun things that we did while we were home:
Bowling with the Clarks (our team totally won, twice)
Saw the movie Bedtime Stories (it was okay)
Played lots of fun games
Watched a lot of Monk with both families (we love that show)
Ate at P.F. Changs....oh so good, thanks Mom and Dad!
Matt went to the shooting range with the men in my fam
Visited with friends
Went to Farmington to visit Grandpa Hess and other Hess cousins
My sis-in-law Angi did my hair, I needed it badly!
We had so much fun with both of our families and all of our friends. We're sorry to those we missed! And so thankful to our parents for the hard work and sacrafices they make for us, to help and support us. Thank you to our grandparents and their generous gifts. And thank you to our siblings, friends and everyone for all the memories!
We love and miss you all!!
2 comments:
i'm so sad we missed you guys before you went back home but i think both of our families kept us pretty busy. Bryce has gone home, but I'm still here till Monday!
Wow! So much fun! Happy birthday, too :) I used to love those marble toys when I was a kid. If I knew the kids wouldn't stick marbles up noses I'd get them one. . . . BTW, you can tell Matt that my mom met John Denver and got to help perform an E.E.G on him when he was thinking about going up in space.
Post a Comment