Friday, January 9, 2009

2008 Recap & 2009 Resolutions

Sorry to bore anyone, this blog is like my scrapbook/journal...which explains all the millions of pictures!

The past year has been an eventful one at the Clark house. To start off the year of 2008 I spent the first weeks well..HUGE. Isn't it strange to look back at pregnancy pictures and deny that you could possibly be so big!
(Man I was HUGE!! It blows my mind to look at this picture!)
This was the most recent picture before I had Luke. Probably the week I was due.
My water broke about 11:45p.m. the night before Luke's due date (Jan. 31st) after what seemed like a long 8 hours of labor, mostly without an epidural (I got it when I was dilated to an 8, barely in time) and about 30 minutes of pushing we welcomed our bundle of joy into this world! Might I add, he was right on time.
A new daddy.Matt studied six weeks for the boards with a newborn.
A new mommy.
My mom and mother-in-law, Anne, thankfully came to Cleveland to help us out the first two weeks after Luke arrived. Thanks!! Moms are the best!!! We love you both!
While my ma was here we took her to Kirtland, it was 7 degrees that day. Burr! But boy was it beautiful (a rare occurrence in Cleveland).
Photo shoot of our beautiful, healthy, smiley, baby boy.













In March we celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary traveling in an insane blizzard to the airport...and back to our apartment. We planned to fly home to bless Luke, but we had to delay our travel plans for a day. It was not easy trudging through two+ feet of snow with two suit cases, two carry-ons and a 6 week old baby in a car seat. We're lucky he didn't get sick.

We eventually made it home and Luke met all of his cousins, aunts and uncles.
Keegan really liked Luke.

Matt turned 26 in April. We had some awesome homemade pizza.
We spent a lot of time outdoors in the Spring and Summer.
Luke loved stroller rides to the park.

In June the Clark family came to Cleveland to visit.
Me and Luke ventured on with them to NY, PA & D.C.
It was such a fun trip!

In July we flew home and spent time at Bear Lake with the Clarks.
Had a family reunion with the Johnsons in Heber and I stayed an extra
week to spend time in the sun with my family.
We visited many farms to pick strawberries, raspberries, peaches and apples. While we were out at one we stopped to "hike" through Nelson-Kennedy Ledges.
Luke attended his very first (& it won't be his last) Cleveland Indian's MLB game.The Cleveland Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame.


In September my mom & dad came to Cleveland to visit. They were kind enough to take us with them on a short road trip through the church sites in NY and up to the 1000 Islands region, which was beautiful and so fun!Thanks mom & dad. You two are the greatest. We are thankful for all you do.
We love & miss you dearly!This was Luke's 2nd time to Niagara Falls, NY.
Luke's first Halloween. Our super baby.
We spent Thanksgiving with the Egberts & Meg & Dave, in VA.

And had a very Merry Christmas in Utah with both of our wonderful families.
Happy New Year!!!
We've been anticipating this new year to get a start on our resolutions.
My major goal this year is to build some muscles!! And fill my stomach with good food, such as veggies (which I'm not a huge fan of). Sounds silly, but I'm excited about it. I am all prepared. For Christmas I got a set of weights, a yoga mat & lots of work out clothes. So far (what 8 days?) I've been doing pretty good.
As for me and Matt we are going to read the Book of Mormon & the Doctrine & Covenants. (We've been meaning to have a little family meeting to make more new year's goals, but Matt has been so busy we barely have time to say good night).

What we have to look forward to in 2009:
  • Matt entering his 4th & final year of med school. Wahoo!
  • Making that final decision on what kind of doctor he chooses to be.
  • Applying & interviewing at different residency programs across the U.S.
  • Luke turns One!
  • I continue my long journey of school work.
  • Trips back home to Utah, at least two!
  • Luke getting a littler sister? HAHA JUST KIDDING!
Happy 2009!

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like you've had a very fulfilling year! I love the picture with Luke and the huge bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. That is hilarious.

Globe Trotters said...

you have to have the happiest little baby ever- or at least he sure know how to chum up to the camera! congrats on all your accomplishments.

Andrea said...

I love that last picture of your adorable family! It is so cute! He smiles great for the camera. Good luck with all your goals.

Emily said...

You guys had such a busy year. I can't believe it was only last year you were pregnant with Luke. I'm interested where you guys will be heading for residency. I know you want Oregon, but I'm still cheering for Texas. Good luck withe everything!

Meg said...

Okay so the comment about Luke getting a little sister before my eyes saw the ha ha just kidding just about gave me a heart attack, ha ha! Good one Mary! And don't listen to Emily about Texas, D.C. is where it's at!

vaultinggirl said...

very cute mary and what a great idea to re-cap!!

Lane family said...

Mary- I can't believe your remembered my email! I love all your pictures. I think Luke is smiling in ALL of them. He really is SO cute!

Maddy said...

that last picture is so cute! I love his big grin! It has been a huge year for you guys. We should get pregnant together again :) Not like it was planned last time, but it was fun! I'm bummed we didn't get to see you guys. Maybe we can come up this summer... what is Matt's schedge like?

Kellie said...

I love all the pictures! My favorite I think is the Halloween one :) Those are great goals, too. I can't believe you looked so good after giving birth! I don't look that good on a regular day!