Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Two down...two to go. Ha. Yeee Summer...ahhh.

Yay for Steve and all the other students who just finished the first year of their "Doctor" programs! Well Matt finished his 2nd year back in March and he's on to his 3rd (long) year. Only two more years in Cleveland! Whoo! We like it here, but we're excited to move on we just have to be patient for a little while longer.

Matt has been super busy with his rotations lately. He's currently doing OB/GYN. He's scrubbed in for a few C-Sections and delivered one baby and hopes to deliver a bunch more this week and the next. He really enjoys OB and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he ends up doing. I haven't seen much of him lately. He's been on call through the nights and comes home and sleeps till sometime in the afternoon. I'm just glad he's enjoying it and learning a lot.

As for me a Luke, we've been enjoying the lovely May weather and I've been busy working and being a full time mama. Luke is 3 months old now and could possibly be teething...yikes! He's supper slobbery and is always trying to chew his fingers off. He's also been trying very hard lately to sit up and grab at toys. He is so much fun and is the happiest baby I have ever seen. It's great! He sleeps about 11 hours straight through the nights almost every night, we are so lucky! My only thing is I want to change his sleep schedule, so he'll go to sleep about 8pm. Right now he'll sleep from 9:30 or 10pm-8 or 9am. Any ideas????

Well we are really looking forward to these summer months. Matt will be doing research from July to October, so he won't be nearly as busy. In June, the whole Clark family is headed out here and me and Luke are joining them for about a week and a half. We're seeing all the Church sites here and hitting the others in PA and NY then on down to Washington DC. I'm very excited about DC, I have never been there. It will be fun to spend time with them. I wish Matt could come!

In July, we are headed home to the Fark. YEA!! We'll be staying for a few days with the whole Johnson family in a cabin in Heber and do some four wheeling (yay!!). Matt is only staying for a week, fortunately I get to stay for two! I'm so excited for the Rodeo, shopping, swimming and most of all SNOW CONES!!! I can't find any here, Ugh!

In August, my best friend Dani and her new hubby Tyler will most likely be visiting us on their way home from New Jersey and we can't wait to see them.

And last but not least, in September my dear parents will finally be coming to Cleveland!!! I take it back my mom came when I had Luke but she was stuck in my apt the whole time. We'll be doing some site seeing to Niagra Falls and Church sites here and in NY.

We have so much fun stuff to look forward to this summer!
I had to take pictures of Luke in this goofy looking hat.
The outfit is cute, but the hat just cracks me up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for summer! Is it possible that Luke is getting cuter? I can'ait till July so I can meet him! Will we be the last family members to see the cutie pie?

Kat said...

He has grown so much. I think he looks like you. You always have the cutest little outfits on him. I am so glad you left that comment on my blog because I have been looking for somebody to go to the pool with. It is funny because I was just thinking the other day that we live so close so we should hang out.

Emily said...

We're excited to see you this summer and meet Luke. Your summer sounds like lots of fun, especially the rodeo!

Emily said...

For the sleeping question. Just move him like 15 minutes earlier one day, until you get the time you want. Or if you play with him extra hard one day, maybe you'll exhaust him and he'll be sleepy when you want. That's what has worked for us. Good luck.