WARNING: This is a pretty gross story (I think so anyway).
So this morning after Luke's first nap I thought I should give him his bath now, instead of tonight. He wakes up, he eats and we get ready for bath time, which he loves and is usually a breeze for me because it's so quick and easy.
I gather up all the things I need, fill the bath tub, undress Luke and make sure he's not poopy. Note: Luke doesn't poop very often, maybe once every week or less. (Don't worry the doctor says it okay). He had already had a pretty messy diaper this morning so I thought we were good to go.
So I put him in the water and he pees, as usual, then he starts to grunt and I look at him and say, "you're not going to poop are you?!" And all the sudden a few little squirts appear. I pick him up and wrap him up in a towel. I pour out the water and wash down the tub and his little tub. Luckily, we have a detachable shower head so it makes it a little easier.
Then, I push his legs up and down and try to get him to get it all out. I fill the tub back up, place him in the water...and he goes yet again! I pick him up put him back in the towel, wash down the tubs, fill his with water again. I wait a few minutes try and get him to work it out...nothing. So I put him in the tub once again... and BAM! Here he goes again!!! Once more I lay him on the towel and clean up the damage. Meanwhile, Luke is laughing and smiling and wiggling all around...apparently he thought he was pretty funny.
I fill the tub up for the 4th TIME and I was a little more prepared this time (or so I thought). I put him in the water, he grunts again and again I grab him out of the water and hold him over the toilet, I see a few drops in the toilet and look at the tub and there were already some floaties, so I had to clean it out anyway. I put him in the towel, clean out the tub AGAIN, refill and put him in the water once more. I figure he worked it all out by now, how much can his little body hold? And BOOOOOOOM!!!!! The biggest, baddest, stinky mess ever! How can something so small, cuddly and cute make such a huge stinky mess? Ugh. I quickly pick him up, put him in the towel and clean up the nasty mess, by this point it just wasn't funny at all, even though Luke thought differently. I took a deep breath and still tried to give the little pooper a bath.
He's in the towel and I figure I would rather him mess my towel than poop all over the tub for the 6th time so I pumped his legs up and down trying to get him to get it all out and he just thought it tickled, he laughed every time his knees touched his chest. Finally he pretty much ruins my towel and I try the tub one last time. This time I didn't fill it up I just put him in it and used the shower head to spray him down. I think this time he was distracted by the water coming down on him he didn't have a chance to poop again. I washed him really quick and got him all cleaned up successfully!
Matt you are so lucky you weren't home and if our heating bill is high this month, blame Luke.
I thought of taking a picture of the towel, but decided no one would want to see it.
7 comments:
Trauma of a baby. When it's happening it's not too funny, but when you look back at it (or when I read your blog), it's pretty funny. I can't believe he lasted that long. You have a lot of patience. Sawyer likes to take his diaper off in the morning(if I forget to put pants on him) and then proceed to pee on the carpet, bed, whatever through the crib. Kids are great, eh?
I don't think it's gross...I think it's funny. And it just happens. So we deal with it. Shoulda just left him in the tub...easier to clean afterward (and he doesn't get as messy there as with it smearing all over him in the towel. Oh well. I'll have my days, too. :)
Great story, I am sorry you had to go through all that! That little smiley cute baby Luke, are you sure this wasn't a dream. =)
That is hilarious. Lily did that the other day but she only did it twice in a row. I thought it was crazy that she did it twice but holy cow Luke. I think he broke a world record or at least set one.
You're right, no one would want to see that picture. I took a similar once with Jonah and I don't like to look at it. It's pretty gross, but I think Jonah's mess he left you when you babysat him was worse than poor little Lukey's. At least he was having a good time.
Isn't poop great? Hey, I wanted to let you guys know that Shelleen and I are coming to visit you next week. OK really we'll be visiting the Weights, but since you are all in the same ward, I hope to see you at church (and meet Mary and Luke). See you then!
He he he, well not really that funny! I can only imagine how flustered you must have been! Jack went through a stage, cant remember when sorry, where everynight he would poop in the tub and your right it wasn't funny at all!! also wanted to tell you that we bought our house, although we did get a good one, just hope it sell when the time comes!
Post a Comment