Friday, April 4, 2008

Someday I'm going to hire someone to decorate my home.

I am having curtain issues. So I need some input please! Does this look good? If not, what could I do to make it look good. I don't love the droopey swoopy look, I like this look but I feel like it maybe needs something else, I don't know what though?? I'm not very creative, I wish I was. I have three of these windows in my living room.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Mary,
I think they look good, but give me today to think of different ideas. Good luck.
Emily

Steve said...

It looks awful and there's nothing you can do about it :)

Kohl said...

Hey Mary,
This is cousin Shauna (Uncle Jerry's daughter) Here is a picture of one idea that my mom did with her curtains. http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2005/12/14/rxr2409_3_bishopssleeve_window_e.jpg

It is sort of a tucking thing called a bishops sleeve. Just an idea.

Maddy said...

Are you using a curtain rod? It doesn't look like it from the picture... that might make the window look more substantial. Also, if the ends were a bit longer, but I don't know how you'd do that. I really think they look fine, but those were just some suggestions! Good luck!

Janelle said...

I agree with Maddy that it doesn't really look like you're using a curtain rod. It just kind-of looks like they're draped across the top of the window frame. It doesn't look great, but I don't have a lot of other suggestions. Maybe Roman shades? I know someone in the ward that knows how to make them.

Emily said...

Mary, I've been thinking what else you could do with this. I guess i just see that you could do the whole curtain rod and hanging curtains, but then you have to invest money and then buy another panel etc. But I like them how they are, and I don't think they need to be any longer because to me it frames the window. For me, I stare at things to long and find myself wanting to change things all of the time. So, for me, my vote is to keep them how they are. Good luck. Emily

Anonymous said...

You are too Creative!!!!
I told you that you are a very artistic girlie so if you feel it needs something more experiment more. I think they look great though but I'm a plain jane kinda girl so... anyway good luck

The Hazard Chronicles said...

I think it sounds like a fun project. With three windows it may look good to offset the curtains and have one side longer than the other. To have this assymetrical look it is important to make it look like it is supposed to be that way instead of looking like it is just a little bit lopsided. If you have three windows you may want to keep the center one balanced and the other two offset to give the room some balance. You could play with the idea if you want. Good luck!
-Rach