Today was the day we were supposed to head home to Utah. Well that didn't happen. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 4:40pm, we knew the weather was bad I mean we had Blizzard warnings but we checked over and over again on our flight info up until the minute before we left and it said everything was on time. Our friend Mel gave us a ride to the train station and we barely made it there and it's only 4 miles from our house. We slid around and none of the streets not even main streets were plowed, it was scary! We got on the train, about a 40 minute drive and got to the airport finally. We walked up to check in and looked at the sign and it said, "on time." About 3 minutes later we looked again and it said CANCELED!!!! We about died! After waiting in line for an hour we had to reschedule our flight to Monday. We were so bummed! We were planning on blessing Luke tomorrow...not happening. By this time we both were pooped and hungry! Especially Luke. All the other flights were canceled so all the seats were taken and people had cots set up all over. So I pulled up a wheelchair at the top of the escalator right on display for everyone to see me breastfeed. Thanks to Mandy I had a nice "hider." Anyway we ate and were on our way back to the train hoping it was still running.
When we got to the train we had just missed it so we were waiting and Matt and I were about to the end of our rope. And Luke was just wonderful. He had a full belly and was all snuggled up, he was just smiling like crazy at us. We think it was a blessing, if he would have been fussy we would have lost it. We were both so tired and just wanted to be home somewhere!
Six hours later we finally made it home and we had almost 2 feet of snow our drive way hadn't been plowed all day. By this time we both were so tired we were basically falling in the snow laughing our heads off. What a day!
Hopefully we see everyone Monday!
Hopefully we see everyone Monday!
4 comments:
wow! I can't believe how much snow you guys got! Was it from lake effect? Hopefully you guys can get here! That's such a bummer.
Luke does look pretty content. I'm really glad of that for you. And I'm glad you all made it home safely. I feel bad that you had to walk that far in the snow with him, though. Sounds like it was just a pretty crappy day all around for you. :(
Oh, and looking at that first picture of him, I think I'll finally have to concede that it looks like his smiles are "on purpose" -- that's just too cute, and it captured the dimple perfectly!
Luke looks so cute in that top picture. He has the perfect little smile. He is the happiest baby I have ever seen!
Post a Comment