Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Home sick

My older sisters Mandy and Susie are both expecting babies any day now. Mandy's due date is March 8th? somewhere around there and Susie's is the 15th. Well Mandy was supposed to be induced on Feb 28th, but since the poedunk Pocatello hospital only has 7 beds for labor and delivery she couldn't be scheduled to be induced until March 4th. On her husband's side there are quite a few birthdays that day so they decided to wait it out and see if they baby would ever come on its own, hoping to get it's own birthday. I call it an it because they have yet to find out the gender! And Susie is scheduled to be induced on March 9th.
Well this morning I get a phone call from my mom and by the tone in her voice I could tell Mandy had her baby. I was wrong! SUSIE DID. Poor Mandy. I was so surprised! She is 10 days early. This is her second baby, her water broke with the first and then her water broke early this morning, how lucky is she!! She labored for about 5 hours and delivered a healthy baby boy this morning. Bryce (her hubby) talked to my dad so we didn't get much detail as far as I know they named him Jackson (middle name?) and he was 5lbs 13oz (length?). He's tiny! The smallest grand baby for the Johnsons.
Apparently Mandy went into the hosptial this morning as well to be induced. So unfortunately their little surprise baby will have to share a birthday anyway.
I want to be in Utah and Idaho to see the new babies! I guess I'll just have to wait until Saturday. Congrats Susie and Mandy!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Yeah, we should definitely get together when you're here!! When do you get it? Call us and we'll plan something! That's funny that you mention driving to see each other. We were going through the Pros and Cons list between Vegas and Virginia (if we get into VA) and one of the pros was being driving distance between you and some of our other friends. We really hope we get it too!