Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hello Doctor, how are you?

Well Matt successfully finished his first week of clinical rotations. He survived, I survived. It was a hard week. He was really busy, well a lot busier than he has been in a while. Before he was going to class and studying all the time. Now he's in and out of clinics and lectures, he leaves early in the morning and gets home late. So I'm still trying to adjust to this new husband-less lifestyle. And it hasn't been any easier on him, he's never worked such long hours before and he's had to learn a lot of new things this week. I am so proud of him though, he's a hard worker and trying really hard to learn all he can to be a good doctor someday.

When he came home on his first big day he was wearing a LONG white coat, a long one means your important. No more short, nerdy looking white coats! He said as he was leaving the hospital a guy said to him, "Hello Doctor, how are you?" It caught him off guard and said it was really weird that people call him Doctor. Haha, I think it's pretty weird too. And the fact that he's Doctor Clark, when people say that I think about his dad...so that's still a little weird too. Anyway I thought he looked pretty cute and he thought he looked pretty cool so we had to take a picture.

Job title: Student doc
Job includes: Being told what to do, learning a lot,
seeing gross things and loving it.
Then he thought I deserved a picture too.
My job title: Mom
My job includes:
Milk, Poop, Pee, Spit-up, Bugers, Eye guck,
baths, smiles, tears, hugs & lots of kisses.
Why leave Luke out?
Job title: Cutest baby ever.
Job includes: Pee on mom, Poop on mom, spit-up on mom,
barf on mom and ruin her new clothes (sorry mom), tummy time,
chill in a cool swing, being held all the time, dirty diapers & getting a clean one,
watching Oprah with mom, having a blue thing stuck up my nose sucking bugers
out & hating it, loving baths, eating, talking, smiling & getting kissed all the time geesh!



Who could resist?


2 comments:

The Teej said...

Hi Dr., Mrs. and Baby Clark. I had the strangest feeling to try and get a hold of your guys in early February. I even remembered your Salem number (423-2366, because 2*3=6, of course), but I never got around to calling it. It seems the reason I was impressed to find you was to congratulate you on Luke's birth. Congrats!! What an awesome experience. One day he will have to meet our baby Sophie, born last September. No dating, though, until at least age 25. I hope things are well with you all. Matt, if you ever has a free moment (ever again in you natural lifetime), don't be a stranger. I'm an avid cellphone user (402-613-8996) and wouldn't mind a quick call some weekend, just to catch up.
Cheers!!

The Teej said...

And please ignore all the grammar and spelling errors, it's been a long day.