Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Morning 2013

This was our very last Christmas in Cleveland. (Weird!).
It was a good one.

Matt was lucky enough to have Christmas Eve and Christmas day (until 6pm) off. 
We are alway so happy when he can be at home with us!

On Christmas Eve we went to a special Christmas program at The Church of Our Savior, 
a Methodist Church. We went with some friends. We sang Christmas hymns and they did a live nativity (minus the animals). It was a neat and interesting experience.
At the end everyone (including children-yikes!) were given candles. We sang Silent Night and they turned out the lights and everyone slowly lit each others candles. Devin thought it was the coolest thing ever. Luke was a little more cautious. I'm glad we went. 

We carried on the Johnson tradition of getting fast food (pizza this time) on Christmas Eve.
Snarfed dinner, watched The Muppets Christmas Carol (skipping the boring parts), put cookies and carrots out for santa and his reindeer and sent the wee ones off to bed. 

And then for the first time ever we had a fire in our fireplace!
We pulled the loveseat up to the fireplace and what was a little fireside snuggling, 
turned into a "long winter's nap" at 8pm for me! Either way, it was really fun having the fire going.

That night was not much fun. Devin probably should have gotten coal, lots of coal, 
for Christmas. Unfortunately, all his naughtiness happened from about 4am on, 
so I think Santa had already come by then. 

He was up at 4am and just being a stinker!!! He would not go back to bed. He wanted to "fweep" (sleep) with us, or us "fweep" with him. Crying. Fighting. No sleep. No sleep. No sleep!
Finally, Matt took the rugrat to the attic and they finally slept on the guest bed up there for a little while. But soon enough Luke was eager to see what Santa brought and woke everyone up at 7am.

So we all brushed that aside, put on our happy faces and went down for Christmas morning.

 James' first (and last, Cleveland,) Christmas!
 The quality of most of these first pictures are not good, because it was so dark, but you get the idea.

I look at these silly boys waiting on the stairs and remember the years before, of them sitting in the same place, anxious to see all the presents, and I can't believe how big they look this year!

 We had them open their stockings first.
Then eat a light breakfast.
And then we had a skype call from G and G Clark 
(and Aunt Sarah and Uncle Cam) from Hong Kong!
What a great way to start the day! We love seeing and chatting with them. 
 Finally!! They could open presents.

 Devin got the "cuddle bear" he's been asking for. 
And Luke got some ninja stuff, including Ninjago Legos.
As well as many other fun toys.
And all 3 big boys (meaning Matt) got nerf guns and hundreds of "ammo."
Luckily we already had one that I could use, so we've had some pretty intense wars around here.

 I love the series of these photos of Devin. 
He was excited for the gun. He shot it and realized how funny/cool/silly it was. 
And then things got serious.
 How could I leave out the bearded man?
By the way, he got a new electric shaver for Christmas. :)
 I always love the "aftermath" photos of Christmas morning. 
It's that one day out of the year where we can stay in our pj's all day, eat good food and treats, play with the new toys, take a nap, just hang out and be with family, and not have a care in the world.
 It's always sad when it's over.
Santa didn't forget about little James.
He got a few new toys and books. He did miss a lot of the party though, snoozing the day away.
And Santa was good to the parents as well. 
Matt got a new tablet, electric shaver and some new clothes (including some really sweet new, skinny leg, warm up pants)
And it was a very girly Christmas for me (yay!).
A perrrty watch, perfume, shellac nail set and brown, leather boots. 

It was a very Merry Christmas at our house and hope it was at yours aswell!


1 comment:

Globe Trotters said...

What a fun Christmad morning! I can't wait for Avery to get older and enjoy it as a big kid. I can't believe you are counting down the months to leaving Cleveland - I kinda feel like you guys are clevelanders!!! ;) I don't know you any other way, ha! Happy 2014!