Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 2014

And a few straggler photos from the end of Dec.

The free event at the Cleveland Rockefeller Greenhouse.
 Santa, free lunch, treats and a free toy for each kid! 

 On Christmas Eve we started a fire (we have gas....heehee) for the first time ever in our fireplace!
And, like the last time. Our boys cannot be trusted.
It was really fun though. 
 That night we went to Church of The Savior, a Methodist Church, to participate in a Christmas program and watch a live Nativity. It was an interesting experience.

 A few pics from Christmas morning.

 My sweet friend made these mini gingerbread house kits for my boys.
Matt had to go into work on Christmas night (booo), so it was nice to give 
the boys something to do!
 Remember the apples?
Well, for some christmas gifts, we gave apple leather, apple pie filling, and apple chips-HAHA!
And I told Matt I wouldn't, but I just couldn't resist making some treats too (fudge, caramel, caramel choco. dipped pretzels).

Dev is obsessed with cooking. I found him mixing up water, cinnamon and sugar with a marshmallow on top. 

 I helped in Luke's classroom with their "Winter Party."

 Sweet baby James. Always snoozing on his belly. I lay him down and he instantly rolls over. 
And started sucking his thumb. Cutest thing ever!
 Found this lovely selfie of Luke on my phone...
 Luke can be so helpful with the baby...we love it!!!

I let Dev butter his own muffin. When I came back a few mins later he had about 2 Tbsp on one half of the muffin and the rest of the butter was almost gone.

 A random warm day in Dec. LOVED IT!

 I had a birthday too! Matt worked the night before and on his way home from work at 6am, he stopped (during a blizzard) to buy bacon. He came home and made me a delicious breakfast in bed. 
Then we had a pretty normal day (it finally hit me that I was getting old. Birthdays just aren't that fun once you get to a certain age). Then that night, my sweet friend, came over and watched all 3 boys.
For the first time we went out without James. We had a nice dinner and came home and vegged. 
There may or may not have been a smooch at midnight (my bdays NYE by the way!! hah).

The next morning my friends took me out for breakfast. I have the best friends!
And then later, on the weekend that week, we went to WICKED!!!!
And, just like the times before, we loved every second of it.
(Except for the part where I had to turn my head and shush a super, loud, 
obnoxious couple chatting right next to me.)
 James is scooting all over the place. And even though he looks 
like he's in pain here, he really enjoys solids. :)
 I spy some cute boys walking home from sledding. They have the best dad.

 January has been an extremely cold month this year. Right after Christmas break, we experienced a "Polar Vortex" and for 3 days straight it was in the negatives! They canceled 3 days of school.
So I put the boys to work...applesauce (the last blasted batch) and chores. :)

My house was so cold!!! Well, not really, I mean we were perfectly warm (thankfully),
 but all my windows were iced on the insides!!

It wasn't all work though, we had some fun too.
We did some winter experiments.


 Had a "tea party" for devin. The boys set this up entirely on their own.
I think he has also been having some cabin fever because I
 keep finding different colored nipples every day...stinker!
Made some fun gak!
Marshmallow catapults 
And bubble baths!


 Dev had his first dental check up!
 I threw a mini baby shower for a friend. It was so fun.
We did nails and ate the most delicious pie of my life
(I discovered a yummy pie shop here). 



 Almost a 2 cart family. See Dev passed out?

 Matt making his manly beef jerky.

Luke started soccer... not a good pic, but he's got the ball!
And I take Dev to open gym at a gymnastics place here every week.
It's so good to get some of those winter wiggles out!

 Then we received a fun package from G&G Clark all the way from Hong Kong! 
Happy Chinese New Year!! Thank you, we loved it!!!
 And seriously, can you believe this cuteness? 
Yes, two little teefers in there. 
 And SO MUCH SNOW!

It snowed for days. And now we're are in yet another polar vortex.
Luke is home again today for a snow, or cold day. 
(I love when they cancel school.)

This weekend is Luke's big 6th birthday and then next week Daddy is FINALLY off for vacation that week. We have lots of work ahead of us, getting our house ready to sell, but we're taking a little time and getting away too. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I tell you how happy I am that you still update this? Its gotten difficult for me since moving home, and having another kid, but it's the best way to keep track of all these blasted photos everywhere.
Plus I love seeing your family. Makes it feel closer.