Friday, August 17, 2012

Bear Lake, Utah!! Vacay Part 1

Matt had 9 days of vacation and we spent it in UTAH!!! It's been a couple of years since Matt has been able to spend more than 3 days in Utah, since sometime in med school (and it only happened once actually). 

It was SUCH a fun trip!!! We were exhausted (and sore) by the end, but we had a wonderful time with our family and friends AND having Matt there the ENTIRE time!

We flew in to the SLC airport and headed straight up to Bear Lake (about 2 hour drive north). We were able to drive through Logan, where I went to Utah State...aw I just love that town!

Matt's mom's side has a cabin right on the lake and we have loved being able to go there!
 Aw, Bear Lake is gorgeous!!! 



 We just so happened to be there during Raspberry Days and on Saturday night they had this cute boat-light parade and fireworks.

 Matt so happy to be on vacation!!! He needed it!

 The boys loved being there with Cam, Sarah and Ager. 

 Luke, Matt, Me, Sarah, Anne and Adrienne

 We went to church on Sunday, sat out in the shade and painted rocks for hours (not kidding). There was also a nice biking trail that we all biked on a few times. It was nice and relaxing!







 Bear Lake at sunrise. Beauty.
 My big foot, little foot, hand, hamster/hedgehog and dinosaur. Matt's soccer ball.


 The cabin is off the main road, off on a private dirt road and they only have a handful of neighbors. It was so nice to just let the boys play and do their own thing. They got dirty every day and they had such a fun time too.
 The water was at a yucky level (all that dirt is actually really deep, disgusting mud), so we weren't able to access it very easily. On the bright side though, the boys never got close, so that was nice.

 The boys were hiding all the toys and stuff. I thought it was cute.






 One of the days we drove a little ways up to the Minitonka Caves. I don't think Devin has ever really been in the mountains and Luke was excited about going in the caves. It was fun.
 Exploring during lunch.





 It was in the 90's outside and in the 40's inside the cave, so we had to layer up a little bit!


 Okay, can I just tell you how much I LOVE my camera. These pics were taken inside of the very dark cave without a flash. I especially love this one of Luke. 



 Loving this pic of my boys. They are getting so big! 
 Dev is at that age where he is OBSESSED with rocks. It takes 10x longer to walk anywhere when there are rocks on the ground.

 Matt's awesome parents rented a boat for one of the days and it was such a BLAST!!
I was a little nervous about taking my boys out on the lake for hours and for trying to water ski for the first time ever (I knew there was no way I could chicken out with this family-especially when his parents were doing it!) It was SOOOO. MUCH. FUN!!!
 Anne was the first one on the skis!


 The boys were awesome on the boat! I think they were nervous most of the time and didn't move a muscle. Seriously. Luke probably slept for a good hour or longer out there. They were champs and made it very easy for all of us!

 The water is really that color. Not kidding, it is such a gorgeous, clear blue color.
 Matt skiing.

 Adrienne, Sarah, Dev and Cam. All of Matt's younger, unmarried sibs. 
 At one point Luke just randomly wanted to jump in the water. It was pretty cold, like 74 degrees that day.

Who was forced into going 2nd on the water skis? ME of course. 
Well, I'm happy to say that I got up every single time.
Even if it only lasted for about 5 seconds...maybe 15 at the longest!

So there was a lot of crashing. :)



 Sorry if this is a weird pic Sarah, but I just wanted to post it because of that blue water! I love it.
 The Marina is so pretty. There's our cool, little boat for the day.
 They also wake boarded, which I should have tried, but I didn't. I guess we better go back!

We also hit up the shake-shop a couple of times. It was raspberry days after all.


4 comments:

Meg said...

Soooo fun! I can't believe you guys got to go up there for Raspberry days! My family goes up to our cabin for Rasp Days every year and it has always been one of my favorite things :) The boating, the rodeo, the craft fair... Oh it just brings back the best memories. My family was actually there this year, I'm surprised you guys didn't run into them on Sunday at church or something. And PLEASE tell me you went to the craft fair?! Best part of Raspberry Days (other than the Rasp shakes, right?!)

Unknown said...

I CANNOT believe those cave pics! Seriously they are amazing! I love that you posted these though cause it makes me sorta miss Bear Lake too! The blue water was actually my most favorite part of everything there. That and the shakes :)
Miss ya Sis!

Globe Trotters said...

Fun vacay! Glad Matt was able to be there the whole time, I'm sure it was great for the whole family. I love the last picture of Devin!

Emily said...

Glad you guys had fun! And good to see that the picnic table still has our flowers we painted a few years ago! I love that nice cool weather, I dream of it!