Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The coolest mom or the meanest mom?

Yesterday I invited a whole bunch of friends (well, the whole ward) to join us at Memphis Kiddie Park. We went last year with our little pal Britton, who visited from Virginia and it was a hit!

We got there before everyone else and Luke seemed so bored with everything. I had him go on one ride before everyone else got there (you pay per ride). And he just sat there sad and played in the water...
Then he slowly gave in and got the giggles and cheered up a bit. I love his face in this picture.


Pretty soon he was loving it.

Some of his little friends that came.
Kaylie.
Luke and Parker.



He really liked the race cars.
Laura and Lola.
Parker and Paige.



Luke and Emmett.
It wasn't too hot, but definitely wasn't cool. Poor Dev was stuck in the stroller most of the time, crying or making pouty faces like this.
So I think me and my friends are pretty cool moms.
We take our kids to lots of fun places and try to keep them busy.
Here's the part where I am a "mean" mom (according to Matt).

Check out the looks on Luke's face...


These pictures make me laugh. And so I am mean. 

He was fine. He wasn't scared to go on the ride. Even when I insisted that we sat in the front seat. He wasn't crying or anything when we got off. In fact, I didn't realize how terrified he looked until my friend sent me these pictures last night. Luke said, "I didn't like the roller coaster. Well, I liked it, but I didn't like the bumps."

"I really liked the Merry-spin-around."
All is well. He had a lot of fun. 

And we still have about 12 tickets left, so we'll definitely be going back.

2 comments:

Dani Kelly said...

Ok really, I laughed out loud when I saw Lukes face. That is too funny. In the second picture I couldn't tell if your hand was up or not, but it is the girl behind you. Ha Ha! You look like you are having fun!

Marilyn said...

I love the pictures of you guys on the mini-roller coaster. That is so funny! Thanks for planning this. I'd really wanted to check it out ever since you told me about it 2 years ago!