Wednesday, February 16, 2011

V-day

Lukey's Balentine's day, as he calls it, started off with some pink, heart shaped pancakes.
Then we decorated, putting hearts on the window, blowing up some balloons, putting up a streamer and my unfinished wreath. (Here's the tutorial for that).
I let Luke open my valentine I got for him and he was sooo excited. I love how the little, simple things are enough to make kids happy. At least my kid!


 We were going to go to a Valentine's Day party at the library, but after Devin was loaded in the car, I realized I didn't have my keys (they were in Matt's pocket with him). About 2 seconds after this realization, Luke slipped and fell into a puddle, which completely left him soaked. Even through his 2 pairs of underwear that he decided to wear that day.

I made a yummy Chinese-themed dinner (Matt's favorite) making sweet'n sour chicken and veggies and fortune cookies for dessert. But of course he didn't get home until 7:30 or later, so Luke had left over pancakes, while I ate the chicken. It was really romantic, let me tell you.

When Matt finally got home, he took us out for ice cream at my favorite place, Mitchell's.

Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

That wreath is really cute. You should put a tutorial up on your craft blog.

The Mortensens said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Mary, seriously you are the cutest. I love reading your blog and seeing your cute little family. It makes me miss Cleveland a lot! :) I'm so impressed with your valentines, what a fun day. I'm super excited to try the vegitarian stew, I love Quinoa, so I'm always looking for new recipes! Okay and those alphabet cards are adorable!!! Where did you find them?

So fun to see the updates, I hope Spring is on it's way for you!

Dani Kelly said...

Seriously, our kids better get married! Thats all I have to say.

Marilyn said...

You're wreath turned out adorable. What a cool craft!

Andrea said...

In the 2nd to last picture Luke looks so big! He is cute!! I can't believe how fast babies grow!

Your wreath looks awesome and I really like that you did it in a solid color. What a fun V day. Valentine's isn't quite as romantic with kids huh? ;)