Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Everyday a Snowday

The great thing about having young children and being a stay-at-home-mom is that I usually don't have to go anywhere if I don't want to. Especially if it's a blizzard or in the negatives outside. We can sleep in, stay in our pj's all day if we want to, bundle up and go out to play in the snow, have hot cocoa and snug under 5 blankets to watch a movie afterward.

Cleveland winters really don't seem a whole lot different than Utah winters. The only difference is the sun seems to shine more often in Utah, especially after a storm. That makes a big difference too. 

This winter has been so much better (I can't believe I'm saying this!) than the past Cleveland winters I've experienced. I think not being confined to a 2 bedroom apartment and having a car, makes all the difference. 

Almost every day Luke and I go out to shovel or play in the snow, sometimes 2 times a day. Devin takes 3-4 naps still. We don't stay out too long, but it's so nice to get some fresh air. Playing in the snow for 30 minutes will wipe him out and sometimes I get lucky enough and he'll take a nap, or be a completely exhausted cranky-pants the rest of the day with several melt downs.

We've experienced some bitter cold days, so windy and in the negatives. On those days we stay inside, and my old windows do this...and I think it is so cute! I hear it's bad for your windows, but it reminds me of old Christmas movies or something.
We haven't had any snowman-building success yet, the snow is just too fluffy, but we have built a giant "mountain" according to Luke, for us to sled down in our backyard. These pictures were taken several weeks ago, so the mountain is much bigger now. He thinks it is so much fun. Now it goes about to my shoulders.
 

When it was just small I put Luke on top and he couldn't get down. He didn't want pictures taken so he chose to throw snow at me as I was taking pictures...which resulted in this...
Don't worry, he was only out there for seriously less than a minute. I had to wipe off my camera and take it inside.

We seriously need a fence back there, it's so ugly!

Winter hasn't been bad, but I'm ready for a change.

No comments: