Sunday, October 10, 2010

Catching up again

We have lots to catch up on. It's been busy, busy around here, but that's a good thing-it keeps me sane.
After my mom had to leave, Anne (my MIL) came in for a week, and we had a great time!

She bought Luke these cute pjs that he wants to wear all the time. They glow in the dark. And this cute beanie, it's just so cute on him. I think he looks like Spencer (his cousin on the Clark side) in this picture.

The weather was so crummy the whole time Anne was here. It rained every day! And of course the very next day it was beautiful and has been in the 70's ever since. So we've been spending some time outside, since we know these days are limited.

Anne spent a lot of time in our yard. It needed some major TLC after a summer of being neglected. She ripped out TONS of branches, mowed, weeded, trimmed our bushes and even planted 100 tulips!
Thank you so much!!!
Matt had the weekend off and Doug and Katie drove down from Michigan (where they live now, yay for us!) to watch General Conference with us. We had lots of fun with them! Luke loooves Doug.
As they drove away, Luke waved out the window saying, "thanks for gettin me Doug, byyyyyee."
I just thought this was cute. Anne was tying some quilts during conference and Matt and Doug were helping her tie them (by choice, they weren't asked to help). 
(You like our very boring basement? I'll get around to it, eventually).

Remember this ugly thing?

Well, we finally (after 8 months or so) finished it.
HobbyLobby carries these adorable knobs for drawers and we got these ones to finish it off.
I decided I am going to keep it in Luke's room. I'm slowly getting pieces of his room put together, but it still looks very boring, but I'm working on it. I love how the desk turned out.



The boys are doing great. Luke and I have been working on lots of fun "falloween" projects. And Devin is a great baby, sleeping and eating really well. He's got a bit of a stuffy nose, so hopefully he gets over that soon.

And that's that.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

that picture of devin makes him more like luke than others I've seen... is it just the angle? Either way, your boys are DARLING.

And you can tell those boys grew up with a mom that made quilts if they jump in and help like that - that's so cute of them :)

And, make my chicken pot pie recipe this week. you won't be sorry! haha

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Mary, I love that desk! It looks awesome. Great job.

Marilyn said...

The desk looks awesome! Good job!!! I love the handles, it really ties in the chair.

Sarah said...

So glad that you had family in town. Sister Clark is so talented with her quilts, and what good sons, Matt and Doug, to help tie!

The desk looks AWESOME! seriously, great work!