Friday, January 15, 2010

Utah, Phoenix, Denver

Okay, here is the last (or I guess the first part of) our trip. (My friend let me know how to make the pictures big without going through a very long, complicated process, so I should be posting more often! Let me know if you want in on the secret.)

I went to Utah a week before Matt, so I could house-sit or baby-sit or whatever you want to call it for Matt's parents while they were doing humanitarian work in Loas.

Luke & I visited Jumpin' Jacks a few times with my sisters & their kids. We had so much fun! Cleveland needs places like this for these long, cold winters. Luke loved it.
One day, while we were just home alone, I thought, "Hey, why not go out into Matt's humongous backyard and help out with the leaves." Well, after raking for an hour & making a pile for Luke (he wasn't very interested) I stepped back & realized I hadn't even made a dent! It was still fun anyway.
For FHE we took the girls, Adrienne & Sarah, to Pirate Island. It's a fun little resturant with pirates & an arcade.
Another big event that we were lucky to attend was Oliver's baby blessing (and of course I don't even have a picture of him on here), anyway I just thought this was a cute picture. The kids tend to get a little rowdy & by the end most of the boys were, doing this. It's cute (and annoying) how one starts doing something, all the others have to do it too.
Luke really wanted to give Lydia a hug all night...
We have a video of him chasing her for about two minutes straight saying. "Lyd. Hug!" But she wasn't a big fan of it, by the time he actually caught up with her. Haha. I love the face.
On to Thanksgiving. We drove about 10 hours south to Phoenix to spend Thanksgiving with Rachel, Charlie & McKay. We had a lot of fun. The boys played great together. We ate a delicious meal, played lots of games, took a temple trip with all the adults, went shooting & shopping.

If we end up moving there, I won't be a big fan of all the rocks, but Luke will.
Luke and McKay are only a few months apart. For the first time they actually played together & quite well.
The weather was beautiful. It was weird to see all the Christmas lights up at the temple, with no snow.
Oh, we also went on a hike. It was a lot different than the hikes we're used to. This one wasn't very shady & was full of giant cacti (is that how you spell it?).

Here is a fun picture from our shootin' adventure. We had a lot of fun out there. I love the serious faces.
The week after Phoenix, Matt, Luke & I flew to Denver for two interviews. We stayed with some other doctors that Matt's dad knew. Luke and I did a lot of "window shopping" to kill the time & one of the days we spent a few hours at the Denver Children's Museum. I'm sure if we come here, we'll spend a lot of them there. It was such a fun & cute place, he loved it.
I'm pretty sure the fake computer was his absolute favorite thing. He's our little technology nerd.
I asked him if he wanted to be a doctor & naturally he said, "yes." We'll see, maybe we will have a four-generation of doctors. No pressure though.
It was a very cute city, Denver.
And here is just another random picture from Utah. Matt's family lives close to the foot of the mountain & they get a ton of snow. Here's Luke playing around in it. He's just so cute, I had to post this one.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I love the second picture -- the one with Luke in the leaves. Great shot!

Meg said...

Mary, I can only see one of the pics. The others are just little white boxes with a red "x" in them. Is something wrong with my computer?

Marilyn said...

I love the last picture of Luke! What a great shot! He really stands out nicely against the snow in the blue winter gear and has a really sweet little expression!