Wednesday, November 4, 2009

He's a funny kid.

This funny little boy really likes to get into things.
Lately we've caught him putting our tooth paste in his mouth & Matt caught him licking his deodorant. Gross! They were both in his mouth for a second. Don't worry I swear we usually put things up high & we don't usually let him get into the more dangerous things, that we'd have to call poison control. :)
The most recent one happened yesterday.
I jumped in the shower & I usually shut the door, turn on a movie & he's our little couch potato so he doesn't usually even notice I'm gone. I left the door open & I hear him come in & I could tell he was doing something. I peeked out & noticed the tooth paste was gone, again!
At first I yelled his name about 20 times & nothing. Then I thought, "I'll just hurry & finish up." And then the thought occurred to me, "What if he smears it all over the couch & carpet & everywhere!" Because he totally would. So I had to jump out of the shower, with soap in my hair, grab a towel & chase the little guy down!! He was already starting to smear in on the coffee table.
Boys.
Even though he can be a bit of a little rascal, he is still our favorite little guy & he is so much fun.
His most recent favorite words/phrases are cool, oh really, wow, cute, thank you mom, stop mom. He is talking so much. I starting making a list of words he says & there are well over 50! This boy is just growing too fast! He is so smart. I've noticed when we drive past our friends houses he says, "Lily house," "Parker house," or "Jason, Marilyn, Baby house."
Every day he does more & more that just amazes me of how smart he is!
He is now really getting into books, which we love! He's never liked them much until now. We'll sit and read books for a half an hour.
Many of you know that Matt was in Seattle for a few days interviewing. It went very well, he really liked it there. We were a bit lonely without him & Luke was very happy when his daddy came home. He loved playing in his suitcase with "T" & playing with daddy.

Luke & I leave in a few days to fly home to Utah & then Matt will join us the following week. We are very excited to be with our families for all of the holiday festivities for the next two months! We're excited for Luke to play with all his cousins, aunts & uncles & his four papa's (he thinks they are all papa's). I'm especially excited to meet my newest nephew Oliver!

Oh & we are also looking forward to our trips to Phoenix, Denver & Hawaii-while we're there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Kid! So we have the same trouble with bathroom supplies at our house. If Lydia can get it I'll find her wedged in the corner of the closet eating toothpaste or sucking on someones tootbrush. Gross.
I'm jealous of your little Hawaii trip. I told Steve to apply there, but I don't think he has.
Can't wait to see you too! Soon enough my sista!

Katie Blacker said...

have fun in Utah! We will be heading there in December. I guess I should say, Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Luke's such a cutie. So funny about the toothpaste! In a towel and all, I bet you're glad you got to him when you did!

Have a blast at home, and on your little trips, too! GOOD LUCK to Matt in the interviews!

B-Hams said...

i love your pics photo shop is working for you! way to go!