I have been having the hardest time trying to figure out what to do with this wall in my dining room. This is what I came up with last minute, I wanted it decorated before we were having some people over. It isn't my favorite, but it works for now. I had to work with a zero budget-things I already had.
The mirror was already there, I repainted the frame black. I painted the pic off to the side-really don't like the frame, but I'll change it down the road. I had a scrap of wood that I painted and used some old nobs off of an old dresser and hung a wreath I had.
Look familiar? I used the same stamp and nobs as the one above. I made this before the other one actually. I like this one better than the other one too.
These are our plain, old pillows. I decided I needed to add some color to our living room. It is mostly browns and cream colors.
I am SOOO excited about my next project for our living room. And can't wait to share it. It is definitely going to stand out. It has to do with an old chair we got off the tree lawn (gross, I know). However, I have a feeling it is going to be a much bigger project than I had expected...but it will be worth it!!! Hopefully I can get it done in the next few weeks.
When we are out of school it will be nice to decorate on somewhat of a budget. I am starting to discover that my style of decor is more of an artistic, eclectic style with splashes of bright colors. But if you were to come to my house today, you wouldn't see much of that because my decor is based on what people gave us for our wedding, mixed with odds and ends of things we've bought or collected. As for now I can only dream about decorating our future home (sounds corny, I know). I am really looking forward to this summer to hit all the garage sales and get all the thrifty finds I can. We both really enjoy making something new out of something old!
7 comments:
good job on the pillows! They look professional! I'm sure the chair will turn out great too, so make sure to blog about that. I'll let you know how some of my projects are going... and I just got an order from a neighbor that wants tons of baby stuff, so I'll send you pics when that's done too!
I think you are amazing! I love what you did with the dining room wall and the pillows are really cute! I am going to have to steal that pattern from you and make my own.
I love the pillows! I just got a sewing machine and we are in need of some cute pillows/covers. Where did you get the pattern?
I am so impressed! and I can't wait to see the chair :)
Cute, I really like the coat hanger. You did a great job, super cute. You've inspired me to blog some of my craftiness.
You are very creative! I guess it runs in the family:)
So I saw this the day you told me about it - very cool by the way. Lydia pushed something and I could type that day, but apparently Steve fixed it. I'm so inspired by all your craft going on, maybe I'll get out of my craft-fast. (say tat 10 times fast)
So cute!
Post a Comment