Monday, December 15, 2008

Lately....

We've been quite busy around this place! We are looking forward to our Christmas break and coming home to Utah.

Here's whats going on at the Clark house:
  • Matt has been the busiest with his surgery rotations. It has been killer! He has decided general surgery is NOT for him, I happily support that decision. It has been hard not having him around and being stuck at home with no car, but we're surviving. He is at Metro, about a 25 minute drive. He wakes up at 4:30 am and on a good day gets home about 6pm, unless he's on call then he stays until sometime the next morning. Ugh! Poor guy, I feel so bad for him. He is so wiped out, this break will be good for u
  • I have been busy finishing up my online classes and boy am I relieved to get them over with! I've also been getting things ready for Christmas and working from home.
  • Luke has been busy learning how to escape all of the spots in the house where I try to barricade him. This morning I let him "out" and he went wild! I was chasing after him trying to baby proof things along the way. It is impossible to baby proof my house and make it look decent at the same time! Does anyone have any tips on this??
  • Friday night after Matt got home we ate dinner and drove out to Kirtland to see the nativity display. They have it every year where people (mostly members) donate their nativity sets to put them on display. They had hundreds! It was beautiful! We loved it. They even had a little room set up just for kids with a nativity set of big stuffed animals and small toys, Luke absolutely loved that room. It was a neat experience. There were a lot of nativities from other countries, those were my favorites. It was a fun activity filled with the spirit of Christmas! I'm so glad we were able to go, we missed it last year. I am excited for next year as well.
  • Last night we had a fun get together with our good friends, the Kienes. They always have fun parties. They do a lot of German Christmas celebrations. We ate yummy goodies, shared fun Christmas memories and sang some Christmas songs. It was fun being there with our friend Justin, who is lonely because his wife already headed home for Christmas (he's staying to take the boards) and our new friends Ben and Ayrel. Some others couldn't make it, maybe next year!
Also, I always love to make yummy goodies around Christmas time and I made these yummy carmel and chocolate covered pretzel sticks for the ladies I visit teach.
Sorry bad pictures.
It was a lot of work, but they sure tasted good!!!
And just had to share these silly pictures of our Lukester.
These were the glasses Santa forgot to wear...
Luckly they don't have a perscription.

Things to look forward to this week:
Finishing my Christmas shopping (Matt's post call Thursday so I finally get the car!)
Getting flu shots..wooo
Renewing my drivers license.
Wrapping Christmas presents!
(My favorite, I really am considering working at the mall as a gift wrapper)
Having our family Christmas Eve & Christmas this Friday & Saturday
(before we fly home)!!!!!!
The Christmas Performance on Sunday (hopefully I get my voice back before then).
and lastly...
FLYING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Luke is so cute!! And I can just imagine him going crazy after letting him free haha. Have fun in Utah!!

Unknown said...

I serisouly can not wait the two (or three?) more day to see Luke, and you & Matt! I am SO Excited!