Sunday, June 29, 2008

Washington D.C.

Final Destination of the trip was Washington D.C. Where we stayed in a nice and comfortable hotel for three nights. Everyone else had been there before but I hadn't so I was excited to see all of the sites. Here are some pictures of some things we saw...
Here is Luke and his cousin Mckay who is 2 months old, they are about the same length but Luke's a little thicker. One night Luke was laying next to Mckay on the bed and I caught him sucking on Mckay's foot! (By the way Luke loves to suck on his feet).
We saw a few of the Smithsonian Museums, the Natural History one, Air and Space and the Holocaust. The picture above there are 4 Monks sitting behind us.
The rotunda of the Capitol Building.


Me and Luke are standing on the star which is the center of the Capitol Building and of D.C.


The White House
Arlington, Iwo Jima Memorial. I never realized how huge this actually is. See
the first bent knee that is probably as tall as me. It was so amazing!
Lincoln Monument.
(It's huge!)

Washington Monument in the background and the WWII Memorial,
which is beautiful!

Some of the other things we did and saw in D.C. were: Vietnam Memorial, The Museum of Art, The Spy Museum (way cool!). We were lucky enough to get a tour of the Pentagon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicely documented trip. You got some really good pictures there. I can't wait to meet the little foot sucker in person, he's so cute! I do love the picture with the Monk's in the background that's pretty funny.