Monday, June 2, 2008

Torticollis Positional Plagiocephaly AKA Flat and Crooked Head

Our little Lukester has been diagnosed with the above. I took him to his 4 month check up and we're supposed to take him to a Physical Therapist. Babies are expensive litte critters. Anyway, we've been doing a bunch of little neck and head exercises with him and proping his head up when he's sleeping and hoping it will improve (I have faith). This picture Matt took, he wants to watch it move back to place. You can tell the back right part of his head comes forward a little bit and you can hardly tell, but his right side of the forehead comes forward too..so that's the problem. Apparently it's really common, so those of you with little growing heads prevent it now from happening, no one wants to wear a goofy looking helmet! (I hope he doesn't have to, but I don't think he will). His case isn't very bad... but here's our little crooked head boy! Luke's new favorite thing is to suck his thumb, it's so cute!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Good Luck Mary. I hope all goes well. See you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Berry! Well valeries baby that is a month older than luke has that same thing so I think it is pretty common. anyway just thought I would let you know. By the way I found a letter that you sent me back in the summer before 8th grade, and it was really fun to read anyway I will have to scan it an email it to you or something. Hope all is going great love ya, Jamie

Ryan said...

Matt and Mary, it was so good to see you guys last week. Mary, Shelleen said she had a good time in the Mother's room at church. Sounds like it was a party in there. If you figure out the best solution for Luke, let us know, since we were told to take Ariah to physical therapy to help her look to the left.

ale said...

Kaleb, my oldest son almost had to wear a helmet--but because he didn't have a soft spot so they were afraid that his head would spot growing or something. I can't remember exactly. But anyway, I'm sure everything will be fine! He is darn cute.

Megan Sommer said...

Mary, my daughter Rowyn just got the same diagnosis at her 4month appt on tuesday, and i was linked to your blog when i went to search. Thank you so much for posting.

Love, Megan Sommer
www.rowyngracesommer.blogspot.com

Megan Sommer said...

lol... i just realized that my daughter was "born" 5 days after you made this post. How is your little man doing now? I hope all is well with your precious.

Love, Megan Sommer
www.rowyngracesommer.blogspot.com