Monday, August 4, 2014

Leaving Cleveland :(

This Summer has flown by. 
By far the craziest, most up and down emotional,
 fun and long and exciting summer of our lives. Honestly, I have loved every minute of it. 

The last month in Cleveland was great because we spent so much time with 
the people we loved most. But, it also felt so drawn out, which hurt. We left
so many wonderful friends behind. But it felt good knowing we'd see them again,
less of a "good-bye" and more of a "see ya later."

The pics are random events that happened before we left, in no particular order.

 A yummy last dinner at the Hursts for their baby blessing.
  Dev and Jane's last play date at Chick-fil-a. We love you Janie!
 Moving was not easy with 3 boys. 
Honestly, I look back and wonder how the heck I survived 4th year of residency.
A new baby, a new all-day kindergartner, a barely-existent husband, selling
our old house, holding down my photography/etsy businesses, and moving. It wasn't easy.
But miraculously we survived.
And I feel like I can breathe again.

 In the midst of moving. I cleaned that house top to bottom, in and out. I don't think 
it had ever been more clean in all it's life. 
As I was kindly cleaning out the fridge, I was finishing up a shelf...
and tempered glass my eye! Or should I say in my eye!!!!
Okay, not really. But it barely hit the edge of the sink and in a blink of an eye an explosion 
of tiny shards of glass literally went all over my kitchen. It was scary.
Miraculously none got in my eyes, but I had little bits all over my hair, clothes, face and arms. 
It hurt. It wasn't cool and I freaked. I cut my hands up nicely too. But, I pulled it together, after a few tears, and cleaned up the mess (which included vacuuming out the garbage disposal). What a nightmare!


 Food Truck Monday at Legacy Village with some of my favorite peeps.
I miss them!



 More random grainy phone pics I found from Metro graduation.

 On moving day we had movers come and load up our truck. During the madness I 
took the 3 squirts to Memphis Kiddie Park one last time.



And just like that we moved out of that home. What a sad day!
Well, honestly a happy/sad day. It was a relief to leave that house (sold), 
but many memories left there too.

The next week we lived in a hotel while Matt had his last week of work.
On Friday we had a sitter and Matt came home from work with some chocolate and roses
for me, for surviving residency. Such a sweetie that guy is. He took me out on a semi-surprise date (I knew we were going, but didn't know where). We went to this AMAZING steakhouse (I had been to before for dessert, but we went all out and about died and went to heaven...mmmmmm!),
 after, we went on a walk and went back to the hotel and went for a swim before our sitter left. It was so fun!


 We spent pretty much all of our time with our friends during our "hotel week," whether it was playing 
or just hanging at their houses and doing laundry. I was so thankful to have them!
 Me and my little buddy Toby.
We went to a few dinners with different attendings too. One of them was out in the country at their home. It was gorgeous! And we made our own pizza's in their stone oven on their patio. It was so fun.
The residents said their final goodbyes. It was sad.

 Life in our hotel. 
I can't complain too much. Daily maid service, free full breakfast DAILY and free dinner Mon-Thurs (whaa?!), a kitchen, pool, comfy king bed, etc.  :)
Most days Luke helped me load/unload the car by filling up and pulling the cooler.
What would I do without him.
 And then James would play in it most of the time.
The hotel got pretty boring for him. 
 The last two months in Cleveland Matt got me a gym pass to LifeTime Fitness.
Too fancy for me I think. It was a fun gym and the boys took swimming lessons 
there, which was nice to pass the time. It was close to the hotel so we went swimming often.
CLE Art Museum. 


The very last and final day...and good-byes.

There's just so much to love about all these pictures for me!

My best friends in Cleveland. 
I seriously LOVE these ladies. My heart hurts! I miss them so much.
Emily, Kassie, Michelle and Bekah!

Lots and LOTS of tears at this good-bye. Kassie just kept hugging me, crying "please don't leave me!"
Talk about rip your heart out!

Look at little Janie just running down the drive as we backed out... :(
Yes, I cried my eyes out the rest of the day pretty much. 
We drove that night to Indianapolis, about 4 hours of crying to give you an idea. 
It was a long 8 year visit, but Ohio you were sure good to us. 
We will definitely forever have a special place in our hearts for this place.

No comments: