Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 2014

So far this winter has been HORRIBLE!!!!!
Ugh, seriously THE worst winter we've ever had here. 
Today marks the SEVENTH snow/cold day.
I don't mind having Luke home more, in fact I love it.
We have to get creative, because when school is canceled I don't
have much of a desire to haul the load of kids out in the frigid cold 
or blizzardy conditions. 
 So, one day we worked on valentines and painted our faces.
 And, to get some much-needed vitamin D, I bundled up and went outside and stood in the sun for a total of 3 minutes. It was SO cold (in the negatives), I ran back inside.

The very last day of January we had Luke's 6th birthday!!!

 We had a special breakfast and small party in the morning (more pics to come).
Then I grabbed some Arby's (luke's newly discovered favorite) 
and we went and had lunch together.

 That night we went to his favorite place, Texas Roadhouse Grill (bc of the rolls).
It went something like this:
Dad got home way late. 
We left at 7 pm (way too late for James).
James screamed his head off, the whole time.
Luke kept disappearing under the table, and we soon
figured out that he was spitting out his chicken strips onto the floor...
And Devin would only eat peanuts.
Success...I think not.
 That was on Friday. 
It also kicked off a week of vacation for Daddy!!!!!
Come Monday, we headed an hour west and went to The Great Wolf Lodge.
It was fun and a nice change, that we needed.







 Luke always wins.
He hit jackpot on this game and won 250 tickets!
 Dev passed out before we even hit the arcades.
 Day 2


 It was so bizarre that our good friends happened to have the same
vacation time (this never happens with residents!), so luckily they came along.
It was a blast!
 Not the most flattering pics, but they had to be done. :)




 We had initially planned this vacation so we could work hard to get our house
ready to sell...well we got some things done. 
But, I think we played a little more than we worked.

We came home, worked some, I had some photoshoots...and then come Friday 
I woke up and Matt was price-lining a hotel in Columbus for that night.
We packed up, and drove 3 hrs south to Columbus for the night!

We got there, hit the indoor pool (which was freezing cold),
quickly ordered some dinner and then Matt took off to make the 6pm session at the temple.
I stayed at the hotel with the rugrats (which is SO much nicer making sitting
with at the temple for 3-6 hrs!).



 We lucked out on a pretty nice hotel, which included a full breakfast.
We had a yummy breakfast and then I went and did a 9am session, while
Matt stayed at the hotel with the boys and later checked out and picked me up.
 (I know these are horrible photos!)
 And, since Matt is a Clark, it was like the fun just could not end.
We discovered a chocolate factory just right around the block from the temple.
Then we hit Grandpa's Cheesebarn on the way home.
 Wait, the fun wasn't over yet!
We had an HSSA bowling event that evening, so instead of going home,
we headed to the bowling place and played there for 2 hours.
Finally we got home, and I was pooped. Matt is never pooped.

On to more random pics from the month...

A fun lunch date with some of our favorite pals... 

 Found someone in our bed....


 Finally Luke's soccer was back on, after 2 weeks of canceling due to weather...
 Valentine's Day....
 We had heart shaped, pink pancakes.
I packed lukes snack for school with these...
 And his lunch had lots of heart-shaped goodness. 
We had a little lunch with Dev's best friend Jane.


 After school was spent opening up Luke's valentines from school.
Who didn't LOVE this as a kid?
 And then I did a treasure hunt for my boys...

 Found some goodies in our mail slot...but it wasn't over yet.
 I really drug it out, they are obsessed with doing treasure hunts.
 Then I sent them to bed early and had some much-needed mom time
(matt was working-Booo).
But hey! Then, when you stop at the store on the way home
the morning after Vday, you get your wives gift at 50% off! Haha



 And of course, we got MORE snow. 
Matt built an igloo (which I am not a fan of). 
They always have so much fun together.
 Then I woke up to these cute faces this morning. 
Devin however, has been SUCH a stinker the last few days. Waking up at 4:30-5am, it's 
KILLING ME!! And we had another snowday.
 Why is my driveway so long?????
It was the heaviest snow I've shoveled this year!


Please...someone make it stop.

No comments: