Well folks, the sad day has finally come. We've arrived. Our sweet lukey is leaving the nest.
Well, okay, he's just starting Kindergarten, but it feels like our nest is a little emptier these days, since he's gone 6.5 hours 5 days a week!
For the last few years I've been saying, "oh in our last year in Cleveland, Luke will be in Kindergarten." And it seemed like it was 100 years away! But it's true what they say, time sure does fly. I can't believe he's in Kindergarten, that we have a 3rd child, Devin is already 3 years old and we'll only be in Cleveland for about 9 more months! It's a bunch of bitter-sweet feelings.
Luke's first full day of school was the day after our very LONG trip home from Utah.
We were all pretty groggy and tired the next day. Luke was "only a little nervous, but mostly excited."
He chose his outfit. I thought it was cute. Matt thought it was questionable. Hah
Dev chose his own outfit that day too-Luke's shorts and rain boots that were clearly too big.
My sweet boy!
Matt is such a good dad. He got permission to take the morning off (even after a 10 day vacation! It pays sometimes to be a chief!).
He really wanted to be there to send Luke off on his first day.
Every day Luke makes sure to get a hug and kiss from us and give a hug and kiss to us, before he goes into class.
He gives the best hugs, tight around the neck. I hope that never changes!
Can you tell we were all tired!
That morning they had a flag ceremony and we were invited to stay for it.
And since Luke missed his first day (of staggered start, the week before),
I was able to come into class with him for the first little while.
Luke has two good guy friends in his class, and lots of friends that are girls.
Check out the cutie next to him in the pic, Chloe.
It just so happened that she sits right next to him at his table.
We feel very blessed. He got the teacher we really were hoping for.
His friend Lily, from church, is in his class and another
friend he took tennis lessons with all summer too.
He school is very old, but I think it's so cute and charming
(besides the part that they don't have AC, so the poor kids melt on hot days).
Well, here's to our first year in public school!
























2 comments:
Congratulations Luke! I can't believe Aurora will be going next year. It is crazy how time flies!
I love that Luke gives you a big hug and kiss. Seriously, that's one of my most favorite things each day. . .McKay's hug and kiss before he goes to school. Don't know how long it will last, but I love it. How are you liking full day kindergarten? McKay is only gone 4 hrs a day and it's the perfect amount for me. Is Luke liking school? I sure hope so! Can't believe our little boys are growing up. (And of course your other boys are adorable!!!).
Post a Comment