Here is the last part to my Utah trip. I'll keep it short.
My best friend Liz was getting married, & I wasn't going to be able to go. Then we found out we were going home & I was able to stay the extra week & make it to her wedding. It was great!
Liz & Aaron were married in the Manti temple. It was a hot, but beautiful summer day.
The best part, for me, was being with all my girls!
I was flying solo, since Matt had gone home, but they didn't make me feel like a 5th wheel, with their spouses. It was so fun to see all of them & spend most of the day together.
My best friend Liz was getting married, & I wasn't going to be able to go. Then we found out we were going home & I was able to stay the extra week & make it to her wedding. It was great!
Liz & Aaron were married in the Manti temple. It was a hot, but beautiful summer day.The best part, for me, was being with all my girls!
I was flying solo, since Matt had gone home, but they didn't make me feel like a 5th wheel, with their spouses. It was so fun to see all of them & spend most of the day together.
We had a luncheon where we all, including Jamie, were together with their spouses.
My awesome in-laws watched Luke all day long-THANK YOU!!!
Later that night we headed back down to Salem, where the reception was.
Late that night Luke & I drove to Salt Lake to stay with my sister & then woke up at 3am to catch our 5am flight. Thankfully, the flight was much better than I expected it to be!
It was so great being home with friends & family, as it always is. We were grateful we could be there for Grandma Clark's funeral, to spend time with family & for Liz's wedding.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you got to go! Unfortunate circumstances, but it worked out great. I went to California two years ago for Ben's oldest brother's wedding, and my great-grandfather passed away two weeks before my trip. Luckily (I guess) the funeral home was so backed up that they couldn't have the service until I was there, so I was able to extend my trip and see cousins and aunts and uncles that I hadn't seen in almost 12 years.
Mary, I love your dress!
i love your dress too!!! Where did you get it?? By the way, I finished a quilt the other day after I talked to you and I had the sewing bug :) I'll show pics soon
hi mary, you know you wrote "gradma clarks wedding" instead of funeral?
Post a Comment