Friday, September 11, 2009

My recent obsession

The past few weeks I have had a bit of an obession with my camera & my new Photoshop CS4 program, that I LOVE! Now, I don't have a very fancy camera (although I would love to get one someday). I just used my little Cannon Powershot Elph Series camera.
A few friends & family have let me do some "practicing" on them & I got some cute pictures.
Here are some of my favorites.
My good friend Sarah is an AMAZING photographer & I've gone with her on a couple of her shoots. I know one place many people like to have her take photos. So, when Dave & Meg were in town we went down to the Cleveland Art Museum to try out some photos. Check out her blog, she's very inspiring!




McKelle is such a little doll!

We got some darn cute pics of her. Here's a little sample.
I love the red flower!
Dani is one of my best friends, she & her husband wanted me to take their pictures while I was home. We took them behind the Manti temple.




While I was in Utah in August I got to snap some fun pictures of two of my nephews Jakson & Burkley. We got some fun ones.
It might not have been the best time of day, as far as the lighting goes.


The one above is my favorite of Jakson & the one below is my absolute favorite of Burk. Love the eyes.


These boys are so cute.



I love the old school one of Luke, this was taken in my mom's garden.

I've only toyed around with a couple of my bridals (yes, I made Matt come with me). But I like how these ones turned out. I love all the different things you can do with these pictures!
My sister actually took my bridals, they turned out very cute.

There are still MANY things I am working on learning & don't even know exist, that I hope to learn about CS4. For instance, the pic above, I want to make Matt's ear not so red (it was a very cold day in early January). And the pic below, I like these funky colors, the only thing I don't like is how white my dress is, too white. Still learning. :)
But I'm loving doing all this! Matt thinks I'm addicted, which I may be...a little.

6 comments:

Bryce and Susie said...

Wow Mary! Those are so good! I love them! I can't wait for you to take our family pics. Good job.

Andrea said...

I already told you this but I love your pics! They are amazing. Especially with just a little camera. I love the ones of your nephews. They are adorable.

Ryan and Mandie said...

OK SO I HAVE TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE LEARNING TO NAVIGATE THE NEW PHOTO SHOP....I JUST STRUGGLE KNOWING HOW TO DO CERTAIN STUFF. BUT YOUR PICS LOOK AWESOME!!! GOOD JOB!

Summer said...

Wow Mary! These are great! You have a good eye!

Marilyn said...

Looks great. I love how vibrant the colors are and some of the unique shots you got. It looks like you are well on your way to becoming a pro!

Katie Blacker said...

haha. I have to laugh at your husband thinking you are addicted becuase let me tell you, that is my life story. Isn't photoshop the bomb.com? Im in love with all you can do and I know I have only barely scratched the surface. Im glad I now have blog access!