Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We got CARPET!!!!

I have the best husband.
With his cunning good looks & his finding-things-free skills we got hooked up with some FREE carpet for our living room.
It isn't "installed" or whatever, and it doesn't have padding underneath it so it's just laying on top of our wood floors, BUT I love it.
And so does Luke.
And Matt.We like the hardwood floors, but have them all throughout our house.
Our feet have been suffering (my especially) after walking on hard floors for two & a half years & it's just nice to have a place where we can get down & play with Luke.

On this blog, that I check quite frequently, they did a post where you price your room. Just from this picture I thought I'd price it, just for fun.
*Now, I know it isn't a beautiful room by any means, but with ZERO income, it will do for now.

  • Carpet-FREE
  • Rug-Bought @ RC Willey, before we got married on clearance w/my bro-in-law's discount (thanks Steve) for $40, originally $240.00. It's weird I remember the original price.
  • The lovely (blah) coffee table was given to us from a family moving out, we repainted it, so it probably cost about $10-12.oo for the paint.
  • TV stand-FREE
  • TV-FREE, thanks to my awesome sister-in-law!
  • Speakers & Stereo-FREE, thanks to Santa before I got married.
  • Comfy, microfiber couch-FREE, my AWESOME siblings gave it to us brand new as a wedding present.
  • Pillows-I made, were probably about $15 for both.
  • Roman Shades (can't see in the pic) over the windows $25 ea. x3=$75 minus $50 in wedding gift certificates. Total $25 for all three.
  • Brown curtains-FREE. Thanks Mom!
Total: $92.00

Well that is not nearly all of that room, but just what is in the picture.
Not bad.

PS. I'm thinking of painting the TV Stand Black. What do you think?
I wish it wasn't missing the front door.
Maybe I'll add one.

5 comments:

Maddy said...

oh the things we'll do, and one day when our hubbies are making a good living we'll laugh at how poor we were!!

Dani Kelly said...

Yes! I would say paint it black. I was actually thinking of painting mine black too. I just don't like the light wood with our wood walls. Oh and our whole living room was pretty much given to us too!

Janelle said...

I would definitely paint it black. It makes it more versatile for future use, but also more uniform for now. Having multiple wood tones can be hard to look at. By the way, I love your rug and your couch.

Rachel said...

The carpet looks good. I'm sure that's a relief from the wood floor.

Andrea said...

I'd say paint it black!!