Monday, July 6, 2009

The holiday & a little catch up.

June was so nice, we had a lot of little trips out doors to enjoy the nice weather.
Our ward has a play group each week & we've only been once, but Luke loved it.
Here's Luke & one of his good buddies Parker.
He loves being outside & always asks to go outside & go on the "sli" in our backyard.
We got him a tiny pool for our backyard & he loves it. We also put his little slide in it & he loves going down on his belly. As many of you know, but haven't yet seen my new hair cut.
As Luke would say, "ta da!"
Here's the best pic of it so far.
For the 4th of July I was really missing home, as I do every holiday that goes by, but fortunately we are a part of a fabulous ward & still had a great time with friends.
Matt is taking Step 2 of the boards tomorrow, so he was busy studying all day, but took a break for our ward breakfast were we ate some yummy food, watched a little bike parade & visited with some great friends. Here's Luke with his "Aunty" Marilyn, who's going to have a baby any day now & we are SO excited to meet little Aurora!
He LOVES playing with Marilyn & Jason, they are probably his favorite people after his parents.
Our little All-American boy.
Thanks mom for the cute outfit!
Luke running around with Jason.

Later that night, we headed out with our friends Melanie & Aaron Lindsay to watch some fireworks.
At first, Luke was terrified of their dog Max (I can't say that I blame him), but he warmed up after feeding him all his snacks, he thought that was pretty cool.
Here's us trying to get a family picture...it's the best we could do.
It seems like all the firework shows we've seen in Ohio have been awesome! So we had a lot of fun. Luke was scared at first, but then kept pointing, clapping & saying "Whoa, wow!" to every firework. The people around us were getting a kick out of him.

BUT what we really missed was being home with our families, eating delicious barbecued food, playing games all day, having more delicious food & watching my brother set off illegal fireworks at night or being at my grandma's house & watching the Stadium of Fire fireworks. Ah, how we love home.

Hope everyone had a safe & happy 4th of July!
We're so thankful for this free country we live in!

3 comments:

The Elbaba's said...

Okay I LOVE your hair!!! And Luke is getting so big! He is so freaking cute!

Kellie said...

Cute pictures! And I love the short hair! Way cute!

Jenny & Brandon said...

You forgot to mention your HAIR last time we talked!!! I like it, it's weird to see you with as Brandon calls it "mom hair" I think it's very chic. I'll be joining you shortly, once I get an appointment with my awesome stylist:) You know I love you Ang.
Love ya sis. Jenny