One thing I love about summer's in Ohio is, well, everything.
Summer time is definitely the best time of year here.
Going out to the farms and picking various fruits is a lot of fun, we do it as often as we can.
For some reason, we are very loyal to Monroe Orchard's clear out in Hirum, Ohio. It's worth the 4o minute drive. It's right next door to the Church site, the John Johnson Farm. It's always fun to visit the senior missionary couples. And it is SO beautiful out there in the country side, I just love it.
We went last year when all of the Clarks came out to visit. We had to have picked about 15-20lbs! It's a lot easier to pick that many when you have 20 something people helping.
This time we picked about 7 or 8lbs, which is more than plenty.
Last weekend, after Matt took a big test we drove out to pick us some strawberries!
Luke loved shoving them in his mouth faster than we could stop him.
Luckily, he only ate the good ones we had already picked.
Summer time is definitely the best time of year here.
Going out to the farms and picking various fruits is a lot of fun, we do it as often as we can.
For some reason, we are very loyal to Monroe Orchard's clear out in Hirum, Ohio. It's worth the 4o minute drive. It's right next door to the Church site, the John Johnson Farm. It's always fun to visit the senior missionary couples. And it is SO beautiful out there in the country side, I just love it.
We went last year when all of the Clarks came out to visit. We had to have picked about 15-20lbs! It's a lot easier to pick that many when you have 20 something people helping.
This time we picked about 7 or 8lbs, which is more than plenty.
Last weekend, after Matt took a big test we drove out to pick us some strawberries!
Luckily, he only ate the good ones we had already picked.
We'll be back for peaches (they are THE BEST here), raspberries, pears & apples!
4 comments:
What a fun tradition! Summer is great and definitely yields the best kind of fruit! I love your sweet little family and your dimples.
I took a look at your other blog as well, nice work Mary! I had no idea you were so crafty. Your stuff looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!
I'm jelous! That would be so fun, I miss berry pickin in OR. Make some great recipes with that delicious fruit!
Hey, I just did the same thing with a lady in my ward! It was really fun. There is an Orchard ten minutes from our house! I got about 3 lbs and that was even too much for us, we had to freeze some :)
Oh cute! I've got to find some farms like that here. There's a ton of farms so some have got to let you pick your own. What are you going to make with all those? Freezer jam? Yum.
I miss that little boy! He's getting so big!
Post a Comment