Thursday, May 28, 2009

Utah Part II *The Wedding*

On to the wedding festivities!

The reason we came home.
Thursday everyone either flew in or drove in for the wedding dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City. Dave & Meg's flight was canceled so they had to miss it, but made it in time for the wedding ceremony-the most important part. Here we have myself, Adrienne (Matt's youngest sister), Doug M & Emily enjoying our delicious food! Rachel & Charlie

And THE happy couple!!!
Katie & Doug
AKA Bride & Groom
And the lovely parents of the Groom.
Anne & Rob
I can't remember the name of the room, but it had a lovely view of the Salt Lake Temple.
The last time we were in this building was when we had our wedding luncheon (over 2 years ago)...so we stepped into the past and visited The Presidents Room where our luncheon was held. Ahhhhh the memories!
Friday, May 22nd was the BIG day for Doug & Katie!
Thankfully, their wedding was at 11:40 (not 7:40 am, like us, sorry!). It was a beautiful day!
The flowers were beautiful!!!
I love this picture of Luke with his cousins, Madisen & Julia.
What cute kids!
Sawyer, Spencer & Luke
Doug & Katie coming out of the temple as the newly married couple.
Our little family.
Here we have all the Clark kids, except for our missionary brother, Cameron.
Matt (what a babe), Rachel, Adrienne, Dave, Emily, Sarah & Doug-being his goofy self.
Grammy Clark and all the Clark grandkids.
I love Sawyers face (the one on the bench, far left).

Now, this little guy nearly stole the show!
I (and everyone else) LOVED our little cutie!!!
He was so handsome in this little tuxedo!

Sooooo adorable!

They had their reception at the Provo Library. It was so beautiful.
It was simple (as far as decorations go), but very elegant!
(With great food too!!!)
They make a great couple.
All the Clark girls.
Doug & Luke
What a great picture!

I think this is my favorite picture from the entire trip!
He has such a sweet, innocent face.
This picture is so funny. Unfortuately, I was chasing Luke away from the road so I couldn't get a great shot of it. Doug, Dave & Matt (missing littlest brother Cam (on his mission).

Luke & Daddy.
Matt did a lot of chasing Luke around at the reception (my feet were killing me!)

My parents came to the wedding reception.


The wedding turned out to be a beautiful day! We we're so glad we were home to be a part of it.
Congrats Doug & Katie, we are so happy for the both of you!
Welcome to the family Katie!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

luke was so cute in that tux! Hopefully everything works so we can stll come see yall soon.

Janelle said...

OH. MY. GOSH! Luke looks adorable in that little tuxedo!!

Adrienne said...

I miss you guys. but the wedding was amazing and so fun. I can't wait for the next time I get to see you all!!