Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

This month has been filled with all sorts of spooky-fun Halloween events!

And the funny part is, I've been busying taking and editing other peoples pictures (HERE) that I've been too pooped to take very many of my own family.

So here is what I've got...
The truth is, I made the boys dress up today a (Nov. 1st-gasp!) for pictures sake.


No he's not Robin or Batman, he's Mr. Incredible! Or Jackjack or whatever incredible you want.
Pirate Luke, or Captain Hook who lost his hook the first day we bought the pirate package. And refused to wear the eye patch.

I hemmed up his pants, the green socks are baby leggings (shh!) and I grabbed some fabric from my stash for the sash! He really wanted a peg leg, but we couldn't pull that one off very easily.
In the Halloween spirit at the beginning of the month I made the boys these cute shirts. I came across the orange shirts on clearance for $1.25 and used the heat'n bond stuff to make the letters. I love them. Dev's is the same, with smaller letters.

Couldn't resist.
On Sunday we carved up our pumpkins and roasted their seeds (yum). On Halloween morning we had some delish pumpkin pancakes and for dinner I made a even more delicious pumpkin soup. Daddy got home, we scarfed our food, dressed up the boys and hit one block of trick-or-treating. By the time we came home we had a total of 2 trick-or-treaters stop by. And we now have WAY too much Halloween candy.

These pics were taken right before we went trick-or-treating.



This was Luke's first time doing the real thing. We've done trunk-or-treating, but we've always ignored the other part of the holiday, because Luke was too young to know the difference. He was so cute. At each house he'd say funny things like "Have a happy Halloween to you too." And each time he'd say, "Mom they gave me MORE CANDY!!!" It was like a complete surprise to him each time.
It was so fun to sit our jack-o-lanterns out on our porch! Don't you love Matt's pumpkin with the ears? He's so cute and creative.
His pumpkin also had a minor procedure done on his brain.
(well, really that's where the darn squirrels got to him!)

On Saturday night we went to Boo at the Zoo! It was so fun!!! I wish I would have remembered my camera. We ate dinner at the Rainforest of the zoo and had the whole rainforest to our group (HSSA-House Staff Spouse Association-resident's wives group basically) and then the rest of the zoo was all decked out in cute (not scary) Halloween stuff and it was so much fun!! The kids loved it.

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Okay, Devin is seriously cracking me up. That first pic made me laugh literally out loud.

Luke had his hook at the parade at my house -- I'll see if it got lost around here.

Sarah said...

Mary, these pictures are so fun. Especially little Devin--his mask and costume make me laugh. You have such happy boys!

Marilyn said...

I love that you have happy jack-o-lanterns-cute. Cute costumes!